Windows 10: Why store does not see that the games are instaled?

Discus and support Why store does not see that the games are instaled? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I had three games installed on the hard drive, all up to date. Then I did a system restore on the SSDthe game files are not here. Now when I search for... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Sarath Amay Nair, May 10, 2020.

1. Why store does not see that the games are instaled?

I had three games installed on the hard drive, all up to date. Then I did a system restore on the SSDthe game files are not here. Now when I search for the game in start, it does not show up. When I go to the store, it tries to install from the scratch even thought the files are completely present in the old place. I even changed the default install location to the hard driveas it used to be before the reset. I tried removing the old folder entirely, then started fresh installation, paused it, pasted it back there and tried resuming...but it still keeps downloading fresh. The store certainly knows that the hard drive is filled up because it prompts me to make space for the bigger games.

I don't want to waste a day to download this stuff again. Why store does not see that the games are instaled? 93bcb200-b59d-440c-a271-0ee196eda6a7?upload=true.png

:)

Sarath Amay Nair, May 10, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to re install game error code 0x80070426

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How exactly are you downloading game eg Store or browser?
    • Which game are you trying to download?
    • Are you able to install other games and apps?

I suggest you to install the game software in Compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Before installing the game in compatibility mode, I suggest you to delete all the game related files present in the system and proceed with the steps below.

Step 1: Compatibility mode runs the program in the current version of Windows using the settings from previous version of Windows.

• Locate and right-click on the game setup file on your PC and click on
      Properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab, check the box
      Run this program in compatibility mode for
      , select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done,
      restart the computer for the effective changes to take place.

Step 2: Also refer the link below.

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

Applies to Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 10, 2020
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, May 10, 2020
  4. Why store does not see that the games are instaled?

I can't reinstall my previously installed games!!!

Hi Fahd,

It appears that you're having an issue installing your previous games after reinstalling Windows 10. We would like to know if it is only happening when you're installing your games or is it also happening when you're installing an app from Microsoft Store.

Meanwhile, we suggest clearing Windows Store's cache by performing these steps:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type wsreset.exe then hit Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Justine Pel, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Why store does not see that the games are instaled?

1. Why store does not see that the games are instaled? - Similar Threads - Why store does

2. why I cant see xbox game bar in microsoft store ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I cant see xbox game bar in microsoft store ?: I have tried everything but it seems that is not working for me , i tried upgrading the windows and i tried removing xbox game bar using this command Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay Remove-AppxPackage and still nothing worked , and what is worse now is that i cant...
  3. why I cant see xbox game bar in microsoft store ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why I cant see xbox game bar in microsoft store ?: I have tried everything but it seems that is not working for me , i tried upgrading the windows and i tried removing xbox game bar using this command Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay Remove-AppxPackage and still nothing worked , and what is worse now is that i cant...
  4. why I cant see xbox game bar in microsoft store ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Microsoft store not installing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store not installing games: Hi I went on my pc after not going on it for a while and I decided to play Minecraft. When I tried to play online it said outdated client I knew the game needed a update so I went to update the game on the Microsoft store. The Microsoft store did not show any updated and...
  6. Trying to install game on microsoft store install but does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to install game on microsoft store install but does nothing: I have enough storage on the D: drive but it doesnt do anything when i try to install the game. Its FH3 if that matters. The store doesnt have any updates. Using version Windows 10 version 20H2. Any possible solutions are appreciated. submitted by /u/ZoneXSS [link]...
  7. Why does game not appear?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does game not appear?: Downloaded the free version of Microsoft Solitaire Collection. Cannot find it to play. When I go to the Start window and click on it, it opens for a flash, then goes away. I have checked the Task Manager, and it's not there. Using Windows 10 Home. Any ideas? Microsoft says I...
  8. Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store does not recognize device to install game: I bought a game on the sore and it won't recognize my device to install it. I have: 1. added my device through settings as instructed. It is showing as listed. 2. Updated windows 3. Updated Microsoft Store per instructions 4. restarted my computer It still does not...
  9. Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Not Installing Games.: I've been playing Sea of Thieves a game from the Microsoft Store for a while now, but after resetting my PC because of other problems, I can't download the game. The problem is that whenever I tried to press the install button, it just goes gray for a short bit then goes back...
  10. Microsoft Store not installing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store not installing games: So, I bought Sea of Thieves on the Microsoft Store and besides my best efforts to install the game and doing all of the helpful methods on this site. It just wont install. T spoke to some of Technical team one emailed me another method to try which i did to a T and still no...