Windows 10: Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive?

Discus and support Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Earlier i had only SYSTEM, Administrators & Users where administrators and users have my name. But ever since I have swapped my hdd with ssd and put my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shah Faisal Khan, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive?

Earlier i had only SYSTEM, Administrators & Users where administrators and users have my name. But ever since I have swapped my hdd with ssd and put my hdd into caddy in place of disk drive and migrated my OS from hdd to ssd, I see here that both my C and D drives have by default "Authenticated Users" is selected.
    How to remove this "Authenticated Users" and keep only three system, administrators and users? Because I'm facing issues while moving files which asks for authentication each time. And while installing software like Oracle, the installed failed to install as it doesn't have permission. So please help me anyone to get rid of this so that I have by default get full control and i can see either SYSTEM or Administrators when i check it. Many many thanks.

Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive? 54b23e2a-5176-492f-9d17-f159afbabad8?upload=true.png

:)

Shah Faisal Khan, Jul 3, 2020
  2. Pavan MK Win User

Why all my newly created files and folders Encrypted in Desktop?

Every time I create a new folder or file and save it to my Desktop, a gold padlock icon appears on it. I tried the following steps but no use:

1. Go to C:\Users\User_Name and select Desktop folder, right click on it, select properties, then go to Advanced, unchecked the option "Encrypt the option to secure data". Then it shows one error as

"An error occurred trying to apply attributes to the file:

C:\Users\User_name\Desktop

The specific file could not be decrypted" .

2. Open an administrator command line and run "cipher /u /n" to list all the EFS files.

Then run "cipher /d "path to the file"" to decrypt all the EFS files.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards

Pavan MK, Jul 3, 2020
  3. wetminkey Win User
    Win 10 suddenly moving/duplicating files to C:/Users

Why on earth would Win 10 suddenly move My Documents, My Pictures, My Downloads, My Music, etc,...to C:/Users and duplicate new, empty folders in Quick Access? All folders dated this morning. Was there an update installed? This is crazy!

wetminkey, Jul 3, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive?

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive?

1. Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive? - Similar Threads - Why suddenly Authenticated

2. "Users" file is taking up all the space on my C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Users" file is taking up all the space on my C: drive: The only things that are in this file are shortcuts to other parts of the drive. Why is it taking up so much space?The file path is C:>Users>User just to clarify....
  3. "Users" file is taking up all the space on my C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Users" file is taking up all the space on my C: drive: The only things that are in this file are shortcuts to other parts of the drive. Why is it taking up so much space?The file path is C:>Users>User just to clarify....
  4. "Users" file is taking up all the space on my C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USERS FILE IN C DRIVE

USERS FILE IN C DRIVE: Can i transfer my users file from c: drive to anyother drive? Will it harm my windows in anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/users-file-in-c-drive/de1198d6-5149-493e-aee3-d48c5cc04633
  6. Why did windows create Program Files folders on all my non-C: drives?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why did windows create Program Files folders on all my non-C: drives?: I have a gaming PC, and it has a main drive (C:) with my windows install and all my core programs. I also have 2 NTSF internal storage drives that I use to store game install directories. Today, after 3 years of this setup, I randomly noticed that Windows had installed...
  7. Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why suddenly there is Authenticated Users coming for all files and folders in my C drive?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sfksuperman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkkjyp/why_suddenly_there_is_authenticated_users_coming/
  8. User folders in root C: drive

User folders in root C: drive: In my new Windows 10, these folders were generated: Intel PerfLogs Program Files Program Files x86 Users Windows Is there a policy of users generating new folders in this root C: drive? On my old W7 PC I had several folders in C:, providing a shorter path for...
  9. User file in C drive that is not a user file

User file in C drive that is not a user file: I've been having a huge fight with this problem for a day or so and I'm losing and getting tired. So this is me asking for help. It all started a few days ago when I received a notification from Windows that my account needed attending to. So I clicked on the notification...
  10. All my folders and files are suddenly deleted

in Windows 10 Support
    All my folders and files are suddenly deleted: Those files that got deleted were so important especially for my sister , please guys, help me , im literally crying for hours searching for the solution. I shutted down my laptop early this morning after installing programs (Utility Programs) which i know does not affect or...