Windows 10: Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?

Discus and support Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; We have a computer won't boot into win10. and none of the usual fixit methods work. So we've got a bootable usb with win10 on it like they tell you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Jan 9, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB?

We have a computer won't boot into win10.

and none of the usual fixit methods work.

So we've got a bootable usb with win10 on it like they tell you to do.

But when it boots from it we get the same message: system config error. Hex 1 it is when it gives a code..

That happens with the new boot usb install stick we just made.
    That happens with the old win10 x64 stick I've used often in the past.

But: it doesn't happen with my Kyhi stick running win PE I think, isn't it?

So what's going on, where's the problem, that the machine won't boot from the regular win10 boot sticks yet is okay to book from kyhi?

And what maybe can I do from kyhi to get things sorted?

Does anyone know?

Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB? :)

oh... it was the latest version of win10 x64. i had a thread about it not long ago. we just did a repair install. the second one in recent times....

:)

abrogard, Jan 9, 2020

2. How to use Sys. Config. to get rid of un-needed sioftware

Hello,

Here's the steps I'm doing, cuz i believe they may stop/disable UN-wanted software.

I open up "System Configuration." & click on "Services." I see a very long list (counted @ 217 items). ALL have a check-mark. Some are "Running". Most are "stopped."

I put a check-mark in "Hide all Microsoft Services", and the display changes to 7 items (all with check-marks) and all are labeled "stopped."

"Enable all" is grayed out. I click-on "Disable all."

Each item's check-mark disappears. "Hide all Microsoft Services" is still checked.

I click "OK". The window closes on its own.

I want to check to see if Sys. Config. has
    retained these commands to 'Disable" this mass of software.

It didn't. Sys Config looks exactly like it did when began the process.

I did a re-boot & nothing was retained of my changes in Sys. Config. It's as if I did nothing.

Please would someone send me the correct steps on this ?

Thanks,

Gary

Gary_S_1943, Jan 9, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Jan 9, 2020
  4. D-rock Win User

Help with USB Boot Image

I am trying to boot from my USB flash drive. I followed the instructions step for step that are in the article on this website. I downloaded the HP program and the USB Image zip file. I ran the HP flash program and pointed it to the folder where I unzipped the USB Image files to. I then copied all the files over to the USB memory stick as instructed. When I restart my computer and press F12 to go to the boot menu I have 3 options: SATA hard drive, CD-ROM drive, or USB Device. So I choose USB device and when it reads the USB memory stick all I get is the error "Non-system disk, replace and hit any key" Its like the USB memory is missing some system files or it doesnt have the master boot record or something. Somebody please HELP!!! I want to flash the bios in a new video card and I have to boot to DOS and I dont have a floppy drive and I have Win XP so a USB boot is probably the best option I have.

D-rock, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Why Sys Config Error on Boot USB? - Similar Threads - Why Sys Config

2. Config error when booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Config error when booting: Hello! My computer is having a config error when booting and I’ve tried everything and watched every video, so would a complete wipe of the drive and everything fix the issue? And if so how can I do that if I can’t get to the windows because I keep getting the boot...
  3. Config error when booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Config error when booting: Hello! My computer is having a config error when booting and I’ve tried everything and watched every video, so would a complete wipe of the drive and everything fix the issue? And if so how can I do that if I can’t get to the windows because I keep getting the boot...
  4. BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BAD SYS CONFIG INFO BSOD: My PC ran into a BSOD and this was the displayed error: BAD SYS CONFIG INFO.Any ways to fix it?Here's everything I think is important to know:1The PC doesn't have any important files, it only has Steam along with a few games and other applications I need for school so I can...
  5. Boot config error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot config error: My father in law's lenovo laptop will not boot due to a boot config error. It was a windows 8 system that was upgraded several months ago to window 10. He logged off a new nights ago and let the system update. During my attempts to repair it I noticed Windows automatic...
  6. How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up.

How can I repair a bad sys config. My pc will not boot up.: My video card went bad. I just replaced it and now my PC will not boot. I'm using my wife's pc to send info. It tells me something about a bad sys config. I have an ssd....
  7. Bad Sys Config

Bad Sys Config: My computer will not Restore. I have two dates that show, but neither one works when I try and restore. The Bad Sys Config error comes up each time I start my laptop. I have tried a few different command prompt work arounds today, nothing works. I have no idea what...
  8. Boot config

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot config: I use to ave XP and 7 with a simple thing at boot that gives you ten seconds to press a button to enter into safemode, dose 10 have anything like it? MSconfig is not ringing any bells. Only reason I ask I hate how safemode is setup in 10 and when I want it tis not goign...
  9. Getting the Bad sys config error and I don't know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting the Bad sys config error and I don't know how to fix it.: Advice on fixing this error is greatly appreciated. I really don't want to spend $100+ to get a disk to fix this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-the-bad-sys-config-error-and-i-dont-know/cc1d1ab4-4343-4935-9936-6ff93faf6ea9
  10. Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow boot/shutdown sometimes & Sys Config shows a choice of OS?: The PC of my Wife is suffering occasional slow shutdowns. Interestingly too, sometimes the Wi-Fi icon doesn't come on boot ups and it is very slow connecting to the internet. Occasionally and recently on start-up we get the option of which OS we want to use on a blue...