Windows 10: Why tf does every little update disable hibernation mode?

Discus and support Why tf does every little update disable hibernation mode? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to mess with the command prompt every time after an update to enable it. Shit is starting to piss me off! submitted by /u/fede01_8 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fede01_8, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Why tf does every little update disable hibernation mode?

I have to mess with the command prompt every time after an update to enable it. Shit is starting to piss me off!

submitted by /u/fede01_8
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fede01_8, Apr 20, 2020

2. Cannot disable Hibernate

Hi,

This issue likely occurs if there are some settings on your computer that are affecting the power usage.
    It's also possible that hibernation is already turned off when you run the command for the second time that's why you're getting the error. To troubleshoot your hibernation issue, we suggest resetting all default power plans to its default settings.
    Here's how:

• Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.
    • Restart your device to apply the changes.

Afterwards, you can try to disable hibernation again then check if the issue persists.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Lov Dollente, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Hibernate mode

I have my laptop set to hibernate mode when I close the lid. It worked fine with Windows 8 but since the upgrade to Windows 10 the laptop has no power after closing the lid and opening it hours later. In settings, it does show that it is suppose to go
    into hibernate mode when lid is closed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mogulman1(2), Apr 20, 2020
  4. Why tf does every little update disable hibernation mode?

"Shutting Down" to "Hibernate"

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the device drivers status in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Check if any of the drivers have warning message(Yellow triangle with exclamatory mark).

Step 2: Start the computer in Safe mode, try to shutdown and check if the sleep mode/ hibernate is working fine.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Why tf does every little update disable hibernation mode?

1. Why tf does every little update disable hibernation mode? - Similar Threads - Why does every

2. Why does Windows keep disabling the McAfee app with every update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows keep disabling the McAfee app with every update?: I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop and Windows 10 Professional on my desktop. On my laptop with Windows 10 Home, every single time Windows installs an update, the McAfee app becomes unresponsive and then has to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled. This only happens...
  3. Why does Windows keep disabling the McAfee app with every update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows keep disabling the McAfee app with every update?: I have Windows 10 Home on my laptop and Windows 10 Professional on my desktop. On my laptop with Windows 10 Home, every single time Windows installs an update, the McAfee app becomes unresponsive and then has to be completely uninstalled and reinstalled. This only happens...
  4. Why does Windows keep disabling the McAfee app with every update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. why hibernate option disabled by default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  6. why hibernate option disabled by default

why hibernate option disabled by default: Hi Team,I would like to know why hibernate option is disabled by default in windows 10 & 11. Earlier it used to be enabled before win 7. Is there any negative impact of enabling it?...
  7. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  8. Disable Hibernate Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Hibernate Mode: Is it fine to disable hiberfil.sys when i don't use hibernate mode? But hibernate mode is not on power settting with shut down and restart. What happen after i disable hibernate mode? Is the startup become slow if i turn on my pc?...
  9. Disable Hibernate Mode

10. why tf are microsoft updates a thing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why tf are microsoft updates a thing: like u **** people are rich enough that you dont benefit from giving us updates, if anything, it does more harm than good because just when we are getting familiar with the new **** that you idiots put out, you have another update. like before an update i just had, i always...