Windows 10: Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

Discus and support Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In windows 7 I used homegroup to connect to one single network, thereby having easy access between computers. In Windows 10 this is no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NeilBain07, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

In windows 7 I used homegroup to connect to one single network, thereby having easy access between computers.

In Windows 10 this is no longer available! Having tried for the past month or so to connect my computers, I am seriously considering reverting to Windows 7, unless someone can suggest an easy fix in Windows 10.

:)

NeilBain07, Feb 15, 2019

2. No other homegroup PCs are available right now

The Fix

Create a brand new homegroup, because the existing one was corrupted.

Steps

On both computers:

1. Leave the homegroup.
    2. Delete everything inside C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking.
    3. Turn off the computer.

Now that both computers are off:

1. Turn on one computer.
    2. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Homegroup.
    3. Click the "Create a homegroup" button and follow the steps.

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft... kOR7j.png

Now that you have a new homegroup:

1. Turn on the second computer.
    2. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Homegroup.
    3. Click the "Join now" button and follow the steps.

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft... k7Dl0.png

Notes

• If you do not see the "Create a homegroup" button, then this process is not working and you will need to try something else.
    • This process also works to delete (and recreate) a homegroup that contains computers that you no longer have.

Shaun Luttin, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Feb 15, 2019
  4. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

Win 10 and Homegroup - No longer detects a homegroup

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• How did you receive the BIOS update? Because, procedures vary depending on the BIOS manufacturer.
    • Do you have a System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?
    • Did you check if recreating the Homegroup helps to make a positive impact on the issue?

HomeGroup from start to finish (Applies
      to Windows 10 as well)
    • Do you mean reinstallation of Windows 10 when you say 'reloaded Win10'?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check whether the network discovery is turned to on all the devices.

Follow the below steps.

Step 1: Type network in the search box and choose
    Network and Sharing Center in the list to open it.

Step 2: Select Change advanced sharing settings to move on.

Step 3: Choose Turn on network discovery or
    Turn off network discovery
    in the settings, and tap Save changes.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft...

1. Why the complications? Homegroup no longer available in Windows 10!!!!!!!!!! Are Microsoft... - Similar Threads - Why complications Homegroup

2. Mouse hover effect in Windows 10 no longer available... WHY???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse hover effect in Windows 10 no longer available... WHY???: See the lighting that happens when moving the mouse over stuffs...Why is this feature not there any more...It is very cool...How can I bring it back????Please, someone, tell me...
  3. Why is Windows10 so complicated?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows10 so complicated?: April 2, 2020, from windows 7 to windows 10 Seemed all good and working 13th may, 2020, opened my computer and boom! all my files are gone! My desktop is empty and the notification panel says, 'you've been signed in with a temporary profile' I thought that was easy. I...
  4. Is Homegroup available on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is Homegroup available on windows 10: Is Homegroup available on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-homegroup-available-on-windows-10/216f5bf5-98ad-4c9e-9cb6-add7b96db959
  5. Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Complications with HomeGroup on Windows 10 (Yes, after it was removed): Hello, I had a Homegroup set up on Windows 10 before it was removed from Windows 10. Despite this, my computer still is part of the homegroup I set up, even though the settings for it was removed. I also have a Windows 7 computer which I am trying to sync with the Windows 10...
  6. Microsoft complication

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft complication: Recently, I attempted to renew or update my Windows 10 to no avail .. afterwards to my dismay, I am seeing a Note from Microsoft saying that I need to fix it before I continue .. I do not know how to do this ..help ?? thanks...
  7. Why are updates no longer available?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are updates no longer available?: Once upon a time, I used to get updates. (Up until approx. 2 years ago) Nothing works, and now I'm stuck with 1607, and my system will soon be obsolete. Updates are supposed to be seamless. I can't even go back to my previous windows system. Why does Microsoft do this? :...
  8. Networking and Homegroups no longer working

Networking and Homegroups no longer working: It seems that over time networking keeps changing and what used to work no longer works. (This is for a home network of two Win 10 and one Win 7). At one point I had a homegroup setup, but I hadn't messed with it for a while and now I don't know the password anymore. I have...
  9. How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?

How do I share now that Homegroups are no longer available?: Just updated to latest insider build. I have a desktop that acts as a server to my laptop connected to TV. Latest insider build no longer has Homegroup. Is there a work around ? 102272
  10. Windows No Longer Detects a Homegroup

Windows No Longer Detects a Homegroup: my boys want to play minecraft on the lan. so i create a homegroup. with their machines switched off. then i switch on their machines and see the message that i've created a homegroup. so i click 'join' and input the password. and both machines give me an error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why HomeGroup Is No Longer Part of Windows 10