Windows 10: Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing?

Discus and support Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For months, I found a very headache problem, the drive free room under Windows 10 becomes smaller, about 6 GB space missing as shown above... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by evaluatingrt, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing?

Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing? e7386906-716d-47ee-874f-db56a99a0ea1?upload=true.png

For months, I found a very headache problem, the drive free room under Windows 10 becomes smaller, about 6 GB space missing as shown above (Windows 10 1909)! It has two Windows installations on my system, one is this, the other is Windows 8.1, which told the same size of free room as AOMEI Partition Assistant. So I am very curious where does the 6 GB space go? And I find the same problem on Windows 10 1809 and 1903 too!

Because it eats up too much room, and I am planing to get back to Windows 7! Would you please show me a hand to tell me the reason, or ways to get back the eaten-up 6GB?

Million thanks in advance!

:)

evaluatingrt, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing?

1. Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing? - Similar Threads - Why Drive Free

2. Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?: Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I didn't download or transfer files like that big during those 5 days.I checked Settings>System>Storage, and found the Apps &...
  3. Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?: Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I didn't download or transfer files like that big during those 5 days.I checked Settings>System>Storage, and found the Apps &...
  4. Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. file explorer won't become smaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer won't become smaller: hi,I cannot minimize file explorer in Windows 11. I mean when I click on the second button on the upper right, the button left to the X. Always full screen. Should be like in the screenshot, but is not. How to fix it?...
  6. file explorer won't become smaller

file explorer won't become smaller: hi,I cannot minimize file explorer in Windows 11. I mean when I click on the second button on the upper right, the button left to the X. Always full screen. Should be like in the screenshot, but is not. How to fix it?...
  7. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ssd become smaller after format: Please help me to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-become-smaller-after-format/cf566afa-0e75-410f-a0c4-0feb8d8d0448
  8. my ssd become smaller after format

my ssd become smaller after format: Please help me to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-become-smaller-after-format/cf566afa-0e75-410f-a0c4-0feb8d8d0448
  9. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Everything on my desktop becomes smaller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything on my desktop becomes smaller: I connect my laptop to an external monitor, so I chose the option to keep my laptop running even if I close the lid of the laptop. The problem is that whenever I close the lid of my laptop, every single thing becomes smaller, google chrome, word, my taskbar, everything. This...