Windows 10: why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out,

Discus and support why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out, in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; had tried : registry / services both ways but still not working . Windows 10 home, version 20H2 for 64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by edera1, May 8, 2021.

1. edera1 Win User

why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out,

had tried : registry / services both ways but still not working . Windows 10 home, version 20H2 for 64

:)

edera1, May 8, 2021

2. How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

That is the first thing I tried after reading previous posts. AND that does not work. I tried again exactly what you suggested just to make sure, and still the "encrypt contents to secure data" is grayed out.

Mindpower15, May 8, 2021
  3. Mat98 Win User
    Cannot encrypt contents to secure data grayed out

Hi
    Was wondering if I could get some help with the Cannot encrypt contents to secure data which is grayed out. In a folder with my data. I'm running Windows 10 thank you.

Mat98, May 8, 2021
  4. why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out,

How to enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button.

To start with please read the original question I asked. I want to secure folder that contains files.

• I right click on folder
    • click on Advance at bottom right
    • when advance attributes box opens the "encrypt contents to secure data" button is grayed out"
    I did everything that was told of me by ZAB.

I have no idea when the issue started. This is the first time I decided to use the feature.

Yes, latest version of Window 10. My details are in the post above.

Mindpower15, May 8, 2021
Thema:

why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out,

1. why the encrypt contents to secure data grayed out, - Similar Threads - why encrypt contents

2. How do I enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button in Win10 Home V 20H2

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I enable grayed out "Encrypt Contents to secure data" button in Win10 Home V 20H2: Edition Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 Installed on ‎11/‎6/‎2020 OS build 19042.844 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-enable-grayed-out-encrypt-contents-to/dc74bbac-425c-4fe5-83fb-6b13dbaded0c
  3. Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preffered DNS Encryption Grayed Out: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/ntut68svl9m61.png?width=506&format=png&auto=webp&s=02407cc32fbf0546b2e7a45b0473b2a7be389576 Does anybody can help me with this? The dropdown for preffered DNS encryption is grayed out and there's warning that say "Some of these settings...
  4. Encrypt contents to secure data check box grayed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypt contents to secure data check box grayed out: Why is this function visible if it's grayed out for Windows 10? Please come up with an actual solution that works so we can select this function....
  5. why is encrypt a folder grayed out?

why is encrypt a folder grayed out?: Hi all im tryint to protect a folder and the encrypt option is grayed out. why? this version of windows is home for some reason even though i changed the key to my pro OME, and the version did not change so thats a different issue i need to talk to ms about, and its got the...
  6. Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?

Enable the encrypt contents to secure data; greyed out windows 10?: I already tried enabling the EFS using Windows registry key, so I'm kinda at a loss here.. nothing seems to work. submitted by /u/sydneyitssydney [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jyczfc/enable_the_encrypt_contents_to_secure_data_greyed/
  7. "encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out

"encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out: I've been trying to add password protection to a simple .zip folder but the option to encrypt under properties is permanently greyed out. I tried both the regedit and the command prompt trick to manually set the value for 'disable encryption' or whatever the function was...
  8. "encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out

"encrypt contents to secure data" checkbox permanently greyed out: I've been trying to add password protection to a simple .zip folder but the option to encrypt under properties is permanently greyed out. I tried both the regedit and the command prompt trick to manually set the value for 'disable encryption' or whatever the function was...
  9. W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed

W10 'Encrypt contents of secure data' option remains flawed: Windows 10 Professional x64 Version 1809 (OS Build 17763.134) Bitlocker 2.0 encrypted system 1. In File Explorer go to the C: drive and create TestEncryption folder: 2. Right-click on the TestEncryption folder and click Properties. 3. Click on the...
  10. Cannot encrypt contents to secure data grayed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cannot encrypt contents to secure data grayed out: Hi Was wondering if I could get some help with the Cannot encrypt contents to secure data which is grayed out. In a folder with my data. I'm running Windows 10 thank you. 99197