Windows 10: Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?

Discus and support Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AndrewZNN, Oct 28, 2022.

1. AndrewZNN Win User

Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?

Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I didn't download or transfer files like that big during those 5 days.I checked Settings>System>Storage, and found the Apps & Features had 187GB and Others had 184GB.In Apps & Features, it had 119 apps. When I added up the space used for each app, the total is about 18GB. So I really don't know why it showed 187GB.In Others, when I added up the space used for each folder, the total is about 184GB, which looks correct.That means there are

:)

AndrewZNN, Oct 28, 2022

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 28, 2022
  3. little cat, Oct 28, 2022
  4. Mathragh Win User

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Oct 28, 2022
Thema:

1. Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day? - Similar Threads - Why hard drive

2. My Windows 11 PC crashes about once per day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 PC crashes about once per day.: I reinstalled Windows and the problem still occurs. I have read that the minidump file created from the crash can be used to diagnose the issue, so here is my latest minidump file.010824-10156-01.zip...
  3. My Windows 11 PC crashes about once per day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Windows 11 PC crashes about once per day.: I reinstalled Windows and the problem still occurs. I have read that the minidump file created from the crash can be used to diagnose the issue, so here is my latest minidump file.010824-10156-01.zip...
  4. Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?

Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?: Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I didn't download or transfer files like that big during those 5 days.I checked Settings>System>Storage, and found the Apps &...
  5. Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why the hard drive is consumed about 6GB per day?: Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I didn't download or transfer files like that big during those 5 days.I checked Settings>System>Storage, and found the Apps &...
  6. Why the hard drive is consumed about 8GB per day?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the hard drive is consumed about 8GB per day?: Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I didn't download or transfer that big files to during those 5 days.I checked Settings>System>Storage, and found the Apps &...
  7. Why the hard drive is consumed about 8GB per day?

Why the hard drive is consumed about 8GB per day?: Hello friends,Something is now quickly using up the space of my laptop's C drive. In about 5 days, the free space was dropped from 47GB to 16GB. I didn't download or transfer that big files to during those 5 days.I checked Settings>System>Storage, and found the Apps &...
  8. BSOD per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD per day: 070321-8953-01.dmp - Google Drive i try to use v2 log collector,however,there is a error message in cmd : Get-MpPreference : The term 'Get-MpPreference' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or...
  9. Getting a BSOD about once per day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a BSOD about once per day: Hi, I've had this computer for about a year and have lately been getting a BSOD about once per day. I ran a memory diagnostic, checked that Windows 10 was up to date, check that NVIDIA was up to date, and blew out some dust from inside of the computer (there wasn't much). I...
  10. Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why the Drive Free Room under Windows 10 Becomes Smaller, about 6GB missing?: [ATTACH] For months, I found a very headache problem, the drive free room under Windows 10 becomes smaller, about 6 GB space missing as shown above (Windows 10 1909)! It has two Windows installations on my system, one is this, the other is Windows 8.1, which told the same...