Windows 10: Why the hassle of headset and headphones for Bluetooth devices?

Discus and support Why the hassle of headset and headphones for Bluetooth devices? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought a Sony - WH-1000XM3. The device show up two options as output device - headphones and headset. Everything works great when I use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spartan0710, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Why the hassle of headset and headphones for Bluetooth devices?

I recently bought a Sony - WH-1000XM3. The device show up two options as output device - headphones and headset. Everything works great when I use it in headphones mode. But for some reason if I want to use the inbuilt mic in any app say steam, I need to switch both input device and output device to headset. Why are there two output sound devices for same headphones and any way around to keep using one mode?

submitted by /u/Spartan0710
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spartan0710, Jun 21, 2020
  2. tsur1 Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Why the hassle of headset and headphones for Bluetooth devices? [​IMG]

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Jun 21, 2020
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jun 21, 2020
  4. taward Win User

Why the hassle of headset and headphones for Bluetooth devices?

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Why the hassle of headset and headphones for Bluetooth devices?

1. Why the hassle of headset and headphones for Bluetooth devices? - Similar Threads - Why hassle headset

2. Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones: Hello, I have a problem with Bluetooth headphones. I can't use any app for chatting Discord, Telegram, Zoom, etc and be able to simultaneously play any media in good quality including any game. Other users also report the same problem and so far there is no solution to it on...
  3. Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones: Hello, I have a problem with Bluetooth headphones. I can't use any app for chatting Discord, Telegram, Zoom, etc and be able to simultaneously play any media in good quality including any game. Other users also report the same problem and so far there is no solution to it on...
  4. Bluetooth headset devices only seen as headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset devices only seen as headphones: I have a brand new Macbook Pro running windows 10 under bootcampWindows has been completely updated as has the bootcamp softwareI have connected two bluetooth audio devices so far:A Skullcandy RIFF bluetooth headsetAn Evoko bluetooth meetingroom speaker/microphone In both...
  5. Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset

Bluetooth earbuds working as headphones but not as headset: Hi everyone,I was hoping someone could help me. I have an issue with my Bluetooth earbuds connection. They show connected to my laptop and I'm able to play audio through them, however the headset functionality for calls is not working.I've tried connecting my earbuds to...
  6. Bluetooth Headset shows up as Bluetooth Headphones

Bluetooth Headset shows up as Bluetooth Headphones: I'm trying to connect my bluetooth headset in this case a pair of wireless earbuds,Cambridge Audio Melomania so that I can use it as both an audio receiver and a mic. This works fine when I connect to my phone. Whenever I try and connect them through windows settings, and...
  7. Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone

Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone: I try to connect to a new headset for the first time. There are 2 separate bluetooth drivers were installed when the device is connected, for headphone no microphone and for headset with microphone. The device is only recognised as headphone so the microphone is not...
  8. Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headphones play Win10 audio as headset, but not as headphones: I've got a pair of Bluetooth headphones, which I want to use to listen to audio on my PC and don't need to use as a headset (although they do contain a microphone for that purpose). When I pair them to my PC, two audio devices show up as available. One is a hands-free...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Headset Only

Bluetooth Headphones Connecting as Headset Only: Hi, I am having an issue with two different pairs of bluetooth headphones (Plantronics and Senso - different manufacturers) only connecting to my PC as a bluetooth "headset", when they used to connect as both "headset" and "headphones". Normally the headphones would be an...
  10. Why do bluetooth headsets show as two devices?

Why do bluetooth headsets show as two devices?: It doesn't make a big difference just wondering why it is showing as two. I initially set the audio to the wrong one and it was tinny until I set it to the correct one....