Windows 10: Why the hell is runtime broker taking up all of my CPU while my computer is idle?

Discus and support Why the hell is runtime broker taking up all of my CPU while my computer is idle? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/JimMcBubbles [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JimMcBubbles, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Why the hell is runtime broker taking up all of my CPU while my computer is idle?

/u/JimMcBubbles, Oct 29, 2019
  2. RonShamir Win User

runtime broker is taking up to 30% of my CPU

runtime broker process is taking up to 30% of my CPU, for noreason

non of the solutions in the forum helped

Ron

RonShamir, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Antilope Win User
    Runtime Broker

The Runtime Broker was giving me trouble with the last couple of insider builds (10162 & 10240), but once I installed the July 29 release (did an clean Windows 7 install and then upgraded to the July 29 Windows 10 release to get rid of all insider build remnants), my computer is fine and idles most of the time with 0% to 2% CPU usage. For me, Runtime Broker seems well behaved in the July 29 release.

Antilope, Oct 29, 2019
  4. RonShamir Win User

Why the hell is runtime broker taking up all of my CPU while my computer is idle?

runtime broker is taking up to 30% of my CPU

what solve the problem for me was uninstalling the photo app of windows 10. No more CPU high usage.

Ron

RonShamir, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Why the hell is runtime broker taking up all of my CPU while my computer is idle?

1. Why the hell is runtime broker taking up all of my CPU while my computer is idle? - Similar Threads - Why hell runtime

2. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Runtime Broker: how can i stop the Runtime Broker from being on Task Bar.i have around 4 to 5 Runtime Broker.i end the process , again it comes back.Please any idea. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/8fe62d65-3022-44d9-b8f7-ee30e686ca3e
  3. Runtime Broker blackens my monitors and halts all computer access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runtime Broker blackens my monitors and halts all computer access: At intervals both my monitors go black and the cursor freezes while, from the sound, Windows accesses my hard (D:) drive (the C: drive is solid state). Each time it's Runtime Broker, accessing displaycatalog.mp.microsoft.com, followed by Background Host, accessing...
  4. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Runtime Broker: Hey everyone, I don’t really need help just was curious. I saw 3-4 runtime broker processes running in my task manager and wanted to know if that’s typical. They use a very small amount of ram and I’ve done some googling and know what the process does but can’t find anything...
  5. Runtime Broker Crashing My Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Runtime Broker Crashing My Computer: After a clean boot of Windows about a week ago I have been running into troubles where my computer will freeze and crash randomly. When I go to check my file and system history it says that the Run time Broker is the cause for my crashes. I have disabled it in its start menu,...
  6. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Customization
    runtime broker: Windows defender keeps blocking something in drive c:...\runtimer broker.exe\trying to change something in %userprofile%\pictures I'm getting 40 plus notifications a day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/runtime-broker/53b556fe-9bf6-48aa-a73c-de5932fe380f
  7. Runtime broker !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Runtime broker !: For quite a few weeks now I seem to be getting this message fairly frequently when I click on "Setting's" in Windows 10. As anyone got any ideas what is causing it ? RuntimeBroker The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation ! Read...
  8. Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Runtime Broker: Hi there. My CPU temp kept being elevated. After doing a lot of troubleshooting and also reseating and applying fresh thermal paste, I finally realized that the CPU load was causing a serious problem, and it all pointed to Runtime Broker. When I delete the task, my CPU temp...
  9. runtime broker

in Windows 10 Support
    runtime broker: This keeps using more and more memory, my disk usage is 100%, can someone tell em what this is, how to fix it, please!!!! microsoft forums are useless 9301
  10. Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Runtime Broker consuming laptop CPU: Hi. Runtime Broker starts-runs and consumes allmost all CPU-time. Laptop fan keeps running until I stop the process. Tried different suggestions but it still keeps starting. E.g. disabling time broker service. Problem still occurs for some reason. Please help with how...