Windows 10: Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE

Discus and support Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My poor i3 already struggles, but when a windows program legit makes it 100% at idle, its nearly unusable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JacksonDimmick, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE

My poor i3 already struggles, but when a windows program legit makes it 100% at idle, its nearly unusable.

:)

JacksonDimmick, Jul 12, 2019
  2. AaronUr Win User

WMI Host Provider Regularly Using Up CPU

Thanks Andre!! This solved my WMI Host problem. My CPU went back again to 2, 3 o 4% when idle and the Temperature of my CPU and Cores was reduced to Normal levels 45 to 52 degrees C. Thanks again.... Aaron...

AaronUr, Jul 12, 2019
  3. WMI Host Provider Regularly Using Up CPU

Hi,

On my new laptop, about every ten minutes, WMI Host Provider will suddenly start using about 20-30% of my CPU. It lasts for about a minute and then stops. This can be annoying as it happens even when the laptop is on idle. There was a post about this earlier
    and the solution for that person seemed to be going to event viewer and checking the WMI Host Provider operational logs for errors. I followed the same steps, but during and after the spikes in CPU usage, no errors appear to indicate that there is some program
    causing the CPU usage.

Thanks.

AlbertXing, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE

WMI Provider host CPU usage

Hi Andrew,

To help you with your concern of WMI provider host using more than half of the processor power, you may check out the helpful troubleshooting links we have provided you.

Please see the posts of TWP176 and Shivam Kesarwani by clicking the link below:

WMI Provider Host and constant CPU utilisation.

Please see the post of sbm15 by clicking the next link, for further troubleshooting suggestion.

Solved: WMI Provider Host (High CPU Usage and Laptop Overheating) Windows10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE

1. Why the hell should WMI provider host use up more than 50% of my cpu at IDLE - Similar Threads - Why hell should

2. WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more: I've recently started running into a problem where the WMI Provider Host, which should normally be around 2% or lower when not active, under 1%, starts spiking drastically causing performance problems and sometimes stability issues. It doesn't always get to 50% or higher -...
  3. WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host spiking up to 50% CPU or more: I've recently started running into a problem where the WMI Provider Host, which should normally be around 2% or lower when not active, under 1%, starts spiking drastically causing performance problems and sometimes stability issues. It doesn't always get to 50% or higher -...
  4. wmi provider host cpu usage

in Windows 10 Customization
    wmi provider host cpu usage: hey im at work as an it-support student here in RAL and some of our workers having some issues with their pc of the cpu usage is 100% and frozin tried look through what was the problem was and saw a our anti virus is makin some stuff but we cant put finger on what is and...
  5. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  6. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMI Provider Host high CPU: WMI Provider Host keeps high CPI usage - it persistently consumes around 10% usage, but it intermittently shoots up to 40-50%. The issue started a few days ago - I didn't change any settings or install a new SW - and not fixed by rebooting, running dism and sfc -scannow. I...
  7. WMI Provider Host high CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU

WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU: WMI provider host uses up to 60% CPU. I can resolve by re-starting 'Windows management inst', but that's a real hassle. From the Event viewer I get the following - any help for a novice to fix would be appreciated: Log Name:...
  9. WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU

WMI Provider Host using lots of CPU: Hi, I am using a less than 2 month old Lenovo V110 laptop that is running an AMD A9-9410 Radeon R5 processor, and I have been having problems with a loud fan, and overheating. I checked the task manager, and found out that the WMI Provider Host is using large amounts of CPU...
  10. Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????

Why service host DCOM is using more than 50 % CPU????: It's hanging my laptop, once its started it takes more time release the CPU usage. Is there any fix for this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-service-host-dcom-is-using-more-than-50-cpu/da65e35a-5f1e-4f5d-9f70-f7c81aaf44b6