Windows 10: Why the hell Windows Settings banner doesn't show my name, email, and profile picture...

Discus and support Why the hell Windows Settings banner doesn't show my name, email, and profile picture... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/6a08g7que2u51.png?width=899&format=png&auto=webp&s=7592ab82563c85385a0cd0d02f7860567b185802 submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gausah, Oct 19, 2020.

1. /u/gausah Win User

Why the hell Windows Settings banner doesn't show my name, email, and profile picture...

/u/gausah, Oct 19, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Why the hell Windows Settings banner doesn't show my name, email, and profile picture... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 19, 2020
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Oct 19, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Why the hell Windows Settings banner doesn't show my name, email, and profile picture...

Display name next to profile picture

Hello,

If you want to remove your email address from your Windows 10 login screen, you may hide it through the Settings app. Here's how to remove the email address from the login screen:

• Open the Start menu, and click Settings.
    • From Settings, select Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Under Privacy, toggle the switch for Show account details.

On another note, if you want to change your sign-in screen name in Windows 10, you may have to sign in to your Microsoft account to edit the name. Here's how:

• Sign in to Your info page in the Microsoft account website.
    • Under your name, select Edit name. If there's no name listed yet, select
      Add name.
    • Enter the name you want, then choose Save. Some names may not be allowed if they contain blocked words or phrases. If you get an error when you enter your name, try a nickname instead.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Why the hell Windows Settings banner doesn't show my name, email, and profile picture... - Similar Threads - Why hell Settings

2. Fix Profile Picture not showing up in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Profile Picture not showing up in Windows Settings: [ATTACH]Can you see your User account or Profile picture in your Windows 11/10 Settings? If not, this post has some quick fixes for you. Generally, it’s one’s default User account picture saved as your Profile picture in your Microsoft account which gets displayed in all its...
  3. Profile Picture Doesn't Show on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Profile Picture Doesn't Show on Login Screen: After installing a Win10 update on 8/11/2021 the latest update, my profile picture no longer shows on my login screen.It shows at the Windows Start screen and when I drill down to profile settings.I've tried numerous things including replacing/restoring the image, rebooting,...
  4. Why does it show my old profile picture in windows settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does it show my old profile picture in windows settings: I removed my Microsoft profile picture so its default now, but in the windows settings and the start up screen where you log in it still shows my old one, how can I fix this? I don't want it to show...
  5. My profile picture is not showing in the setting header

My profile picture is not showing in the setting header: I have signed in my pc with my Microsoft account but here it is showing local account instead my profile picture, name and Microsoft email address. Please help me as soon as possible.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. My profile picture is not showing in the setting header

My profile picture is not showing in the setting header: My profile picture and e-mail address is not showing here. Please help me. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-profile-picture-is-not-showing-in-the-setting/c2f50c14-5435-45f4-8b82-6edef0313219
  7. Profile Picture not appearing in the banner Windows Settings Page

Profile Picture not appearing in the banner Windows Settings Page: I am on the latest version of Windows that is the 20H2 build. My profile picture is not appearing in the settings page even though i am logged in with my microsoft account. Everywhere else picture is appearing but not in the banner of the settings page. FYI, my microsoft...
  8. Profile picture not showing up in the Settings Header

Profile picture not showing up in the Settings Header: I am using the latest Windows Insider Release Windows 10 Build 20190.rs_prerelease.200807-1609. Settings header is enabled but it is not showing my profile picture in the header. I tested with the default Admin account. The default user profile pic shows up in the header for...
  9. Windows Profile Name Is My Email

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Profile Name Is My Email: When I was setting up Windows I had it use my microsoft account and when I got to the file explorer it says my user name is the first 5 letters of my email and it says my user name is my email but the windows sign in screen just shows my full name (thankfully). Is there a way...
  10. My picture in my email banner is blurred and green.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My picture in my email banner is blurred and green.: It appears that my profile picture in my email banner looks blurred and green. Nobody else sees this but me. My email recipients say they can see my picture just fine; I can see it just fine as well in my outlook phone app. It is in my desktop app that the picture seems to be...