Windows 10: Why the latest MS Windows update (June 2019) took hours and changed some computer settings?

Discus and support Why the latest MS Windows update (June 2019) took hours and changed some computer settings? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been using Microsoft Windows since long and I noticed this month Windows update took several hours even when computer rebooted again it consume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ari94, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Ari94 Win User

Why the latest MS Windows update (June 2019) took hours and changed some computer settings?

I have been using Microsoft Windows since long and I noticed this month Windows update took several hours even when computer rebooted again it consume time that I can live with, but the strangest thing was it changed the brightness of my desktop and some other settings even later I noticed the WiFi was disconnected.

Additional information: Laptop new computer (not yet one year),

Always update even computer drivers/software are update.

I shall be thankful for any help.

:)

Ari94, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Why the latest MS Windows update (June 2019) took hours and changed some computer settings?

DirectX June Update

Microsoft has released an updated version of DirectX for June, although it isn’t clear whether the update is just for DirectX 9.0c or for DirectX 10 on Vista as well. Regardless of this, it is still recommended that Vista users update their systems because Vista will benefit from any DirectX 9.0c fixes when playing DirectX 9 games. The web installer is only for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions), whilst the redistributable version will also work with Vista. The download links are listed below:
    • Web installer for Windows 2000, XP and 2003: download [44KB - 41.4MB]
    • Redistributable installer for Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and Vista: download [53.6MB]

Jimmy 2004, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Why the latest MS Windows update (June 2019) took hours and changed some computer settings?

1. Why the latest MS Windows update (June 2019) took hours and changed some computer settings? - Similar Threads - Why latest update

2. Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.: On November 20th, 2021, I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. In the process, it changed the defaults for Excel 2019. Before I could see the Workbook Views in the status bar but no longer. What is the problem? I am uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2019 twice but...
  3. Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.: On November 20th, 2021, I upgraded to the latest version of Windows 10. In the process, it changed the defaults for Excel 2019. Before I could see the Workbook Views in the status bar but no longer. What is the problem? I am uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2019 twice but...
  4. Changes to Excel 2019 with latest Windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. June 2019 Update

June 2019 Update: I have an Asus laptop with a SSD. I was working on my computer and when I was done, I clicked on "Update and Shut Down". About 3 hours later I came back and found my computer had locked up. I shut it down and it hasn't worked since. Now when I turn it on all I get is a black...
  6. June 2019 update

June 2019 update: Update installed last night - all night. This morning I get a black screen after it asks to sign in and an error message that System profile Desktop is unavailable. Only recycle bin is visible. Can’t open any files. How do I roll back to yesterday?...
  7. microsoft June 2019 Security Updates

microsoft June 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes June 2019 Security Updates Release Date: June 11, 2019 The June security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 June 2019 updates may break some Bluetooth devices: The June 2019 cumulative updates are now available for all supported versions of Windows and the focus of the patches is specifically on security improvements. Windows 10 May 2019 Update is receiving KB4503293 which brings up Build 18362.175. On the other hand, Windows 10...
  9. winbdows 10 keeps crashing after latest update June 2019

winbdows 10 keeps crashing after latest update June 2019: Hi, I recently did a major windows 10 update, and i noticed my PC crashes and reboots every time I try to open an attachment in Outlook. Is there any recommendation or solution for this? should I roll back/uninstall the updates? This is a BIG problem, as I use...
  10. Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :)

Windows update 1803 took 3 hours , is it normal ? :): Hey guys , i recently cleaned the download folder ( which is located in the software distribution folder ) , because i was always getting an error when i was trying to do this update 1803 , now i cleaned this folder and the update took 3-4 hours to finish downloading . Is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problems loading outlook after security update june 17 2019

2. windows 7 june update problems 2019 computer will notf shut down