Windows 10: Why the old games dont work right on windows 11 please fix it

Discus and support Why the old games dont work right on windows 11 please fix it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i try launch bayonetta or sonic and sega all stars racing which worked fine on widows 10 pro and i use rx 6900xt and ryzen 9 5900x and now these games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by -, Feb 10, 2023.

1. -
    - Win User

Why the old games dont work right on windows 11 please fix it

i try launch bayonetta or sonic and sega all stars racing which worked fine on widows 10 pro and i use rx 6900xt and ryzen 9 5900x and now these games are broken on the new software and i can blame microsoft for the poor optimazation and force me to go to windows 11 and i am furious as a retro game player

:)

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Feb 10, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    IE 11 not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet Explorer. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Explorer.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Internet Explorer help - Microsoft Support

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 10, 2023
  4. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Feb 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Why the old games dont work right on windows 11 please fix it - Similar Threads - Why old games

2. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  3. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  4. Games dont work after LAN why and how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games dont work after LAN why and how to fix?: Hey,so i am a small Gamer who worked with wlan connection without cabel now my dad and i put a cable from the router into my PC, after that everything worked perfectly PC is connected but when i try to play games online shooter, leaugue of legends etc. it tells me the game...
  5. Games dont work after LAN why and how to fix?

Games dont work after LAN why and how to fix?: Hey,so i am a small Gamer who worked with wlan connection without cabel now my dad and i put a cable from the router into my PC, after that everything worked perfectly PC is connected but when i try to play games online shooter, leaugue of legends etc. it tells me the game...
  6. Why the old games dont work right on windows 11 please fix it

Why the old games dont work right on windows 11 please fix it: i try launch bayonetta or sonic and sega all stars racing which worked fine on widows 10 pro and i use rx 6900xt and ryzen 9 5900x and now these games are broken on the new software and i can blame microsoft for the poor optimazation and force me to go to windows 11 and i am...
  7. Why cant windows 11 just work right?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant windows 11 just work right?: I have just one simple thing, why is it just plain impossible for a Galaxy Phone to work on this **** device? I've tried so many things but windows 11 is just utterly **** for anything. I cant exchange files on my phone to my pc yet only charge. File exchange only worked for...
  8. Why cant windows 11 just work right?

Why cant windows 11 just work right?: I have just one simple thing, why is it just plain impossible for a Galaxy Phone to work on this **** device? I've tried so many things but windows 11 is just utterly **** for anything. I cant exchange files on my phone to my pc yet only charge. File exchange only worked for...
  9. Certain games dont work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain games dont work?: This is very strange, i have a few games like CSGO, Garry's mod, SWTOR, etc, that wont work. When i open them, its only a black screen with a blue circle spinning cursor or the same thing but with a transparent window but when i restart my computer, the games work. So if they...
  10. Gameloft games dont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gameloft games dont work: When I get a Gameloft game, and start to play it says I need a app called track and I go to the Microsoft store it says there is no app called track. This keeps happening and I have to restart the game what do I do....