Windows 10: Why the PC needs a modern app platform

Discus and support Why the PC needs a modern app platform in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft isn't turning Windows into a walled garden -- but it might be a good thing if it did. Last week, the co-founder of Epic Games, Tim... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Why the PC needs a modern app platform

Read more: Why the PC needs a modern app platform | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Mar 7, 2016

2. software developers slept?

That's because S60 is no longer a platform that is being developed for, it is essentially dead, has been for a while now. Developers don't make apps for dead platforms because that does not make financial sense to them.

If you want the latest apps you need to get a more modern phone that runs android. Windows phones also get many popular apps but usually much slower than on android.

psychomania---01, Mar 7, 2016
  3. HERE Maps officially dead on Windows platform ?

Can anyone confirm that HERE Maps are dead on Windows (both PC/modern and Mobile) platform ? It is no longer available in Store (while it still works when you have the Windows 8.1 app installed) and the HERE company does not provide any information, just
    silence.

It was the only maps application providing downloadable offline maps. Looks like another loss on Windows platform.

Petr

Petr Vones, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

Why the PC needs a modern app platform

1. Why the PC needs a modern app platform - Similar Threads - Why needs modern

2. why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?: so i went to play modern combat versus and it gave me a notification saying blah blah blah can't remember so I looked in the app store this was a while ago and I don't know what's going now...
  3. why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?: so i went to play modern combat versus and it gave me a notification saying blah blah blah can't remember so I looked in the app store this was a while ago and I don't know what's going now...
  4. why isn't modern combat versus in the windows app store?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. modern apps crashing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    modern apps crashing: Do you have an approach that typically resolves the issue of modern apps (store, photos, etc.) crashing instantly? start menu and settings still work. reregistering affected appx packages, sfc, and typical dism commands do not typically resolve the issue for me. this issue...
  6. modern warfare on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modern warfare on pc: game was literally fine one day and the next i cant open it. ive done everything....wiped my whole pc to factory defaults, new router, new ram, redownloaded all software, uninstalled/reinstalled cod 5 times. nothing is working idk if its my computer of if their game is just...
  7. New WinUI website for modern native UI platform of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    New WinUI website for modern native UI platform of Windows: Want to learn more about #WinUI? Our new website explains the advantages of #WinUI, including better performance, future-proofed apps, and modern controls & UI. Check it out! [img] Read more: WinUI https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/uwp...etting-started Tweet —...
  8. Modern Photo App

Modern Photo App: Any way to shuffle photos in slideshow? 10327
  9. Modern app vs Desktop app

Modern app vs Desktop app: Hello all! I have just upgraded to windows 10. A quick visit in the windows store revealed that a few of the apps that I have installed already are also available as modern apps (i.e. QQ, onenote etc.) which makes me wonder if there is any performance boost in using modern...
  10. No "Modern" Apps Launching

No "Modern" Apps Launching: I'm running build 9879, and there's a pretty big issue. Whenever I try to launch any "Modern" app, the icon appears in the taskbar, and the loading screen appears for a flash of a second, then disappears. The icon stays, and when I try to click the icon it flashes again but...