Windows 10: Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today?

Discus and support Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does the Save As function for MS Work and Excel does not work for me today?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FredFindley, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today?

Why does the Save As function for MS Work and Excel does not work for me today?

:)

FredFindley, Jun 15, 2020
  2. EPEARCE Win User

MS Suite for Home (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)

Originally, it was prior 2010. I got upgraded to 2010 via a special offer from MS for gov. employees. After the recent upgrade of my drivers, etc. I noticed today that those MS applications (Excel, Word, etc.) only appear , on the open list, but when
    I click on the application, a window pops up stating "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed".

EPEARCE, Jun 15, 2020
  3. How to find MS-Word with Windows10 search functionality

I'd like to find MS-Word in my Win10-search normally but it doesn't work.

This is how I want it - it is working with MS-Excel:

Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today? lUv8X.png

When I try the same thing with Word - fail:

Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today? 9rzNv.png

This is my current workaround that I hate, a friend told me about it.

Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today? fMF8T.png

I'm guessing it has something to do with indexing, but I have no idea what I should do exactly to make this work.

Cold_Class, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today?

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today?

1. Why the save as function for MS Word and Excel will not work for me today? - Similar Threads - Why save function

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. MS Word > Save as PDF Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Word > Save as PDF Question: Folks, when I do this, the pdf opens with MS Edge,. How do I save it as a regular pdf that opens by itself without opening in a browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-save-as-pdf-question/5c27fad6-5640-4456-8c77-e30ce17b907b
  5. MS Word > Save as PDF Question

MS Word > Save as PDF Question: Folks, when I do this, the pdf opens with MS Edge,. How do I save it as a regular pdf that opens by itself without opening in a browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-save-as-pdf-question/5c27fad6-5640-4456-8c77-e30ce17b907b
  6. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  7. ms word not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ms word not working: unable to edit documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-word-not-working/b439f02a-6add-4671-9af2-6f8d20909da7"
  8. IS THERE A WORKING SMARTPEN FOR EXCEL OR WORD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IS THERE A WORKING SMARTPEN FOR EXCEL OR WORD ?: Livescribe 3 smartpen AP-701 DIGITAL PEN FROM ANOTO NEO SMART PEN Is there a pen dat realy works wit Word or Excel ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/is-there-a-working-smartpen-for-excel-or-word/40d8cb30-f6f6-43c2-83e0-dbba6a6c3bd5
  9. MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently

MS "Save As" Function Recently started Working Differently: I have been using windows 10 for about a year with no significant problems. However, recently, when I go to "save as" in any MS file it no longer gives me the Explorer view of my various files. Instead I get the attached view to save my files. For all of my long time use...
  10. Cant save MS Word docs

Cant save MS Word docs: Since i have upgraded to Win 10 i can no longer save any documents i create with MS Word. I try to save and this error messages pops up every time, and now i cant save any projects i create. 22458