Windows 10: Why the search option dont work?

Discus and support Why the search option dont work? in Cortana to solve the problem; I try to search files on my computer, but the icon dont work... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DJ2022, Nov 21, 2022.

1. DJ2022 Win User

Why the search option dont work?

I try to search files on my computer, but the icon dont work

:)

DJ2022, Nov 21, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Search option is not working properly in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to Magnifier in windows?

• Are you facing issues with Magnifier or Search bar?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Restart the Service and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type Services.msc In the search box.

• Select Windows Search.

• Restart the services and set the service as Automatic.
    Step 2: Run the
    Search and Indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Search and Indexing
      troubleshooter.

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2022
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 21, 2022
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Search option next to Windows symbol is not working!!

Hi Darshanhk,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try running DISM scan by following the below steps:

• Press Windows key, and type CMD in search. Right click on CMD and click on Run as administrator.
      • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 3: PowerShell

Step: 1 Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip:
    Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

Step: 2 Click File > Run New Task

Step: 3 Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”

Step: 4 Type PowerShell

Step: 5 Type the following in the PowerShell prompt:

$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest

Step: 6 Close the PowerShell window

Step: 7 Reboot

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Nov 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Why the search option dont work? - Similar Threads - Why search option

2. Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes: Hello I have a problem with account switch. Once I changed to local account, I cant go back to admin. Also, start and search bars, as well as other windows 10 pro apps dont work. I have tried to restore over cmd and task manager to reset startexperiencehost and shell but it...
  3. Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes: Hello I have a problem with account switch. Once I changed to local account, I cant go back to admin. Also, start and search bars, as well as other windows 10 pro apps dont work. I have tried to restore over cmd and task manager to reset startexperiencehost and shell but it...
  4. Account options dont work, start, search dont work, windows apps crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why the search option dont work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the search option dont work?: I try to search files on my computer, but the icon dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-search-option-dont-work/4d843375-d4da-42a2-80a3-7b328ae9d12b
  6. Why the search option dont work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why the search option dont work?: I try to search files on my computer, but the icon dont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-the-search-option-dont-work/4d843375-d4da-42a2-80a3-7b328ae9d12b
  7. Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.: So my settings instant closes, my windows update will malfunction then revert back to normal, my mic and camera doesn't work because privacy settings randomly changed and I can't access it because my settings is not working, I also don't want to factory reset my pc because I...
  8. Search Option Not Working

in Cortana
    Search Option Not Working: Hi, my Search in the Taskbar is not working. This happened in my other PC but it started working randomly. When I click on the Search icon, it shows the black Rectangular Box but has nothing in it and closes suddenly. Any fix for this?...
  9. Why basic calculations dont work in search like before?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why basic calculations dont work in search like before?: Anyone? Tried searching in forum but didnt find anything. 147782
  10. Win10 explorer search dont work

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 explorer search dont work: Hi, guys! Well, my explorer search is not working. At all. I'm working (my job) on the PC and have thousends of files, which I have to finde every time I need them. And I need them often. But the explorer search is driving me creazy. Indexed or not. It just makes no sense...