Windows 10: why there is a need to delete event logs?

Discus and support why there is a need to delete event logs? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Himanshu Acharya CS, Oct 13, 2021.

1. why there is a need to delete event logs?

Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1 wevtutil.exe cl %1 goto :eof :noAdmin exitwhat is the use of this code?

:)

Himanshu Acharya CS, Oct 13, 2021
  2. nancy3243 Win User

Event Error Log

Windows 10 Event Error Log - Summary Section

One of the Logs listed needs to be deleted since this application has been removed from my laptop. Is there anyway to remove it from the Log -Summary Section?

nancy3243, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Bo Liang Win User
    Event 4624 log deleted

Event 4624 logs are written to Security logs at windows 10, why are these deleted from Security logs in tens of seconds?

Bo Liang, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

why there is a need to delete event logs?

Deleting All Event Logs

Option 1 here: Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

Thema:

why there is a need to delete event logs?

1. why there is a need to delete event logs? - Similar Threads - why need delete

2. Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring accidentally deleted file resulting in 30+ Events logged that need resolution: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor -I had to restore a huge file that was accidentally deleted and there are 30+ Events logged stating: Directory was not backed up because it is a reparse point: C:\Users\User\OneDrive\~*FILE NAME* If you want it to be...
  3. Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10: I had a requirement to delete a particular event record from the Windows application event log programatically with C++. But I did not find any option other than ClearLog, which is used to clear the entire event log. I have to clear a record with a specific source name.Can...
  4. Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10: I had a requirement to delete a particular event record from the Windows application event log programatically with C++. But I did not find any option other than ClearLog, which is used to clear the entire event log. I have to clear a record with a specific source name.Can...
  5. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  6. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  7. Deleting All Event Logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting All Event Logs: I know that the event logs are stored here: C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs Can you just delete the logs that are present in this folder? Or do you have to do it another way so Windows 10 doesn't error out? 164124
  8. Here are the steps needed to delete all events in logs for win 7,8,10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Here are the steps needed to delete all events in logs for win 7,8,10.: The following is a set of easy steps to delete all the event logs (lots of them) from win 7, 8, 8.1, 10, that I found and it works. Thus, you don't have to delete each of them one-by-one. Select the "command prompt (administrator). At the DOS prompt, paste the following...
  9. Cant Delete event log file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant Delete event log file: Hi I've been trying to delete appsanywhere so that I can reinstall it however it won't give me the option to reinstall. I think that this is because there are still two files from the software on my PC. These files are "AppsAnywhereExternalUpdater.evtx"...
  10. Event 4624 log deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event 4624 log deleted: Event 4624 logs are written to Security logs at windows 10, why are these deleted from Security logs in tens of seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-4624-log-deleted/9e0eb385-debf-468e-a638-d14cf723afff