Windows 10: Why This Different ?

Discus and support Why This Different ? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; [img] Right Window is Shortcut Properties When Installed Programs and Tick Create Shortcut on Desktop its Locate to C:\Users\Public\Desktop Left... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Gunzorla, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Gunzorla Win User

Why This Different ?

Why This Different ? [​IMG]

Right Window is Shortcut Properties When Installed Programs and Tick Create Shortcut on Desktop its Locate to C:\Users\Public\Desktop

Left Window is Shortcut Properties Created by Send to.. Option its Locate to C:\Users\User_Name\Desktop

How Can I Change Right Window Same Left Window by Default When Install Programs and Create Shortcut on Desktop ?
    I Need Locate Shortcut of My New Programs in C:\Users\User_Name\Desktop NOT C:\Users\Public\Desktop

Anyone Help ?

:)

Gunzorla, Aug 3, 2016

2. Why I have this different icons between Windows Explorer and the Select folder/file Window.

Well. I missed that. (It's not just This PC.) Many of the 16x16 in imageres.dll are like that.

For each shell folder you may have to change the icon then. This looks like a bug where File Explorer shows 20x20 (or higher) icon with custom DPI scaling, where as the browse dialogs continue to show 16x16. That's certainly inconsistent.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Why I have this different icons between Windows Explorer and the Select folder/file Window.

"This PC" works fine, thanks for that.

But the same problem occurs with every icon: Desktop, Download, Videos, Music, etc. Just look at my first post.

VinPereira, Aug 3, 2016
Thema:

Why This Different ?

1. Why This Different ? - Similar Threads - Why Different

2. why was there a logo that had a box with a bunch of cats that were colored differently.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why was there a logo that had a box with a bunch of cats that were colored differently.: I couldn't get a screenshot. When I tried opening it, it just randomly disappeared. Has anyone else had this weird app or tried opening it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-there-a-logo-that-had-a-box-with-a-bunch/78946f98-6c99-40f9-bd4d-535172710100
  3. why was there a logo that had a box with a bunch of cats that were colored differently.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why was there a logo that had a box with a bunch of cats that were colored differently.: I couldn't get a screenshot. When I tried opening it, it just randomly disappeared. Has anyone else had this weird app or tried opening it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-there-a-logo-that-had-a-box-with-a-bunch/78946f98-6c99-40f9-bd4d-535172710100
  4. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...: Two Toshiba external hard drives were bought at same time and formatted at same time.Ran CMD.one has mu USER ID and the other does not when I ran this. I just noticed it. One has 181GB free and the other is 423GB free. Settings are the same for hidden files, etc. Absolutely...
  5. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...: Two Toshiba external hard drives were bought at same time and formatted at same time.Ran CMD.one has mu USER ID and the other does not when I ran this. I just noticed it. One has 181GB free and the other is 423GB free. Settings are the same for hidden files, etc. Absolutely...
  6. Why is my two hard drives with different numbers but are formatted the same. Huge...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Why am I getting bsod with different causes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting bsod with different causes?: Hello,Since a few days I have started getting bsod out of nowhere. On the blue screen, it displays various errors such as hypervisor error, page fault in non-paged area, system service exception etc etc. I have tried some solutions from the internet such as the sfc and dism...
  8. Why am I getting bsod with different causes?

Why am I getting bsod with different causes?: Hello,Since a few days I have started getting bsod out of nowhere. On the blue screen, it displays various errors such as hypervisor error, page fault in non-paged area, system service exception etc etc. I have tried some solutions from the internet such as the sfc and dism...
  9. Why Is There Two Different Directories at Different Times and this External Directory in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Is There Two Different Directories at Different Times and this External Directory in...: Why Is There Two Different Directories at Different Times? Can I find out if someone else is accessing one of these while I am using the other one? Is this why I have Overlapping Directories and how can I find out how this happened.This is a line from the CBS.log that seems...
  10. Why Is There Two Different Directories at Different Times and this External Directory in...

Why Is There Two Different Directories at Different Times and this External Directory in...: Why Is There Two Different Directories at Different Times? Can I find out if someone else is accessing one of these while I am using the other one? Is this why I have Overlapping Directories and how can I find out how this happened.This is a line from the CBS.log that seems...