Windows 10: Why this error appearing

Discus and support Why this error appearing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Roblox app from windows store is crashing. System: Windows 10 Error code 0xc000007b image Tried uninstalled & reinstalling, installing x86 x64 drivers... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Gickrede, May 19, 2023.

1. Gickrede Win User

Why this error appearing

Roblox app from windows store is crashing. System: Windows 10 Error code 0xc000007b image Tried uninstalled & reinstalling, installing x86 x64 drivers like MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ DIRECT X 12,11,10 MICROSOFT. NET FRAMWORK

:)

Gickrede, May 19, 2023
  2. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, May 19, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why this error appearing :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 19, 2023
  4. bdanmo Win User

Why this error appearing

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, May 19, 2023
Thema:

Why this error appearing

1. Why this error appearing - Similar Threads - Why error appearing

2. Why does an error appear when loading Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does an error appear when loading Windows?: When loading Windows, an error "0x8007015D", it appears at 14% loading. What could it be? An example error window is attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-an-error-appear-when-loading-windows/e581cda4-b85b-48fd-a4e4-e8dba18fff88
  3. Why does an error appear when loading Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does an error appear when loading Windows?: When loading Windows, an error "0x8007015D", it appears at 14% loading. What could it be? An example error window is attached https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-an-error-appear-when-loading-windows/e581cda4-b85b-48fd-a4e4-e8dba18fff88
  4. Why does an error appear when loading Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why the sudden appearance of "A GENERIC ERROR OCCURRED IN GDI+"???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why the sudden appearance of "A GENERIC ERROR OCCURRED IN GDI+"???: A generic error occurred in GDI+. at System.Drawing.Image.SelectActiveFrameFrameDimension dimension, Int32 frameIndex when making a C# call in windows WPF Worked perfectly on 10-aug-2023 BEFORE the .NET 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 update. No code has changed.This morning before I...
  6. Why the sudden appearance of "A GENERIC ERROR OCCURRED IN GDI+"???

Why the sudden appearance of "A GENERIC ERROR OCCURRED IN GDI+"???: A generic error occurred in GDI+. at System.Drawing.Image.SelectActiveFrameFrameDimension dimension, Int32 frameIndex when making a C# call in windows WPF Worked perfectly on 10-aug-2023 BEFORE the .NET 3.5, 4.8 and 4.8.1 update. No code has changed.This morning before I...
  7. Why the sudden appearance of "A GENERIC ERROR OCCURRED IN GDI+"???

8. Why this error appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why this error appearing: Roblox app from windows store is crashing. System: Windows 10 Error code 0xc000007b image Tried uninstalled & reinstalling, installing x86 x64 drivers like MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ DIRECT X 12,11,10 MICROSOFT. NET FRAMWORK...
  9. Why this error appearing

Why this error appearing: Roblox app from windows store is crashing. System: Windows 10 Error code 0xc000007b image Tried uninstalled & reinstalling, installing x86 x64 drivers like MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ DIRECT X 12,11,10 MICROSOFT. NET FRAMWORK...
  10. while updating why error 0x80070426 appears

while updating why error 0x80070426 appears: while updating why error 0x80070426 appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-updating-why-error-0x80070426-appears/abe14d75-9465-4917-bd5d-b2d7a154236e