Windows 10: Why this happened?

Discus and support Why this happened? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hey! after the 20H2 update the Office apps lose their coloured tiles. Earlier they were pretty looking good. All apps are looking good in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nikhil4ucoc, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Why this happened?

/u/Nikhil4ucoc, Oct 28, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 28, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 28, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

Why this happened?

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Why this happened?

1. Why this happened? - Similar Threads - Why happened

2. Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...: Just in the past few days I began getting virus scan failed messages when I tried to download files from reputable sites bank, hydro company, etc. At first thought it was only .csv files but affects other file types also.Same for Chrome and Edge. Did not try other browsers...
  3. Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...: Just in the past few days I began getting virus scan failed messages when I tried to download files from reputable sites bank, hydro company, etc. At first thought it was only .csv files but affects other file types also.Same for Chrome and Edge. Did not try other browsers...
  4. You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...

You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...: You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, it's my 2nd attempt with this program. Why is this happening suddenly with Clipchamp? It's literally holding my videos hostage since this is the only video program Microsoft has available. Very problematic....
  5. You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...: You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, it's my 2nd attempt with this program. Why is this happening suddenly with Clipchamp? It's literally holding my videos hostage since this is the only video program Microsoft has available. Very problematic....
  6. Why does this happen and how to fix

Why does this happen and how to fix: Laptop boots normal but brings me to a screen where it says ”your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to change your setup pin again” then i click this and a window pops up goes again why? How to fix this It is and acer...
  7. Why does this happen and how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this happen and how to fix: Laptop boots normal but brings me to a screen where it says ”your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to change your setup pin again” then i click this and a window pops up goes again why? How to fix this...
  8. Why does this happen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this happen: Whenever I try to post a reply it says oops please try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-happen/4775c122-7e9a-41c8-a1b7-2c40fc261682
  9. Why does this happen

Why does this happen: Whenever I try to post a reply it says oops please try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-happen/4775c122-7e9a-41c8-a1b7-2c40fc261682
  10. why is this happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is this happening: I am getting this error message in my device manager "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 " A USB port reset request failed. I have update it with no luck. this is under universal serial bus controllers, unknown usb device port reset...