Windows 10: Why this happens? minimized to taskbar

Discus and support Why this happens? minimized to taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After updating to Win 10 Creator 1709 16299.64, I experienced the problem of applications like Firefox or Outlook suddenly switched to the task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greeny, Nov 25, 2017.

1. greeny Win User

Why this happens? minimized to taskbar

After updating to Win 10 Creator 1709 16299.64, I experienced the problem of applications like Firefox or Outlook suddenly switched to the task bar with program icon. I have to click on the icon to bring up the application. This happens a few time while using the program.

Anyone can help me on this matter?

Thanks.

:)

greeny, Nov 25, 2017
  2. paradive Win User

PLEASE HELP! this is driving me insane! (windows focus)

ok........

open a program from the taskbar.....

open a 2nd one.

go back to 1st one.

not happening.

whatever the 1st program i maximize via the taskbar is, it inherits a "stay on top" property.

no matter what i try, i can't open another program unless i minimize others until it has the focus.

this is really, really irritating.

i've messed with all the options of right-clicking on the taskbar.

no love.

any ideas?

paradive, Nov 25, 2017
  3. Minimized apps do not appear on task bar when minimized.

After updating to windows 10, programs that i minimize no longer appear on the taskbar. the only way i am able to open minimized programs is by using the task view button. Does anyone know why this might be happening or what i could do to fix it?

Colin_Mcgarr, Nov 25, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Do you mean that it minimized to taskbar ?

CountMike, Nov 25, 2017
  5. greeny Win User
    Yes. That's the problem.

greeny, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Why this happens? minimized to taskbar - Similar Threads - Why happens minimized

2. Why is this happening with my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this happening with my taskbar?: So I don't know what has been happening lately with my new laptop MSI GF63. Whenever I am using it normal usage the screen just goes black for a second and taskbar stops working and the apps become smaller in size and overlapping. SS attached below. Please help!...
  3. Why is this happening with my taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this happening with my taskbar?: So I don't know what has been happening lately with my new laptop MSI GF63. Whenever I am using it normal usage the screen just goes black for a second and taskbar stops working and the apps become smaller in size and overlapping. SS attached below. Please help!...
  4. rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized: This has happened in the past a few times, but a restart would fix this issue. But Now rtWLAN refuses to leave the taskbar. When right-clicked, it does nothing. When hovered over the "window" is a void. I tried searching it in Task Manager to no avail. Actually, I can't seem...
  5. rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized: This has happened in the past a few times, but a restart would fix this issue. But Now rtWLAN refuses to leave the taskbar. When right-clicked, it does nothing. When hovered over the "window" is a void. I tried searching it in Task Manager to no avail. Actually, I can't seem...
  6. rtWLAN stuck to taskbar, minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Taskbar is behind minimized windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar is behind minimized windows: [ATTACH] This is really annoying. The problem is when windows aren't fullscreen. If I drag them down, they are on top of the taskbar. I took a screenshot of the problem to illustrate. The second problem is related- when I have the taskbar set to auto-hide (which I would...
  8. Why is this happening or not happening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this happening or not happening: I have 50 feature updates for may update 1903 but 1903 hasn't and won't install. Now I am downloading feature updates for 1909 but it hasn't installed either...
  9. Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minimize Chrome to taskbar with click: I have always been able to minimize applications to the taskbar when clicking on that icon on the taskbar but lately Google Chrome wouldn't (every thing else minimizes when clicking on it) I can click on the Chrome icon on the taskbar to open the browser but when I click on...
  10. Taskbar minimized window issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar minimized window issue: I have an issue which has been going on since beta win 10. If i have a minimized window open on the desk top I can not view it unless i minimize all other windows. It seems once my cursor crosses the top of the taskbar the window I am trying to get to closes, only way to get...