Windows 10: Why this happens?

Discus and support Why this happens? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I load and run eg Firebox, the page just close and appears on my taskbar as an icon. This happens on most softwares. This only appears at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greeny, Jan 5, 2018.

1. greeny Win User

Why this happens?

When I load and run eg Firebox, the page just close and appears on my taskbar as an icon. This happens on most softwares. This only appears at the initial start.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

:)

greeny, Jan 5, 2018

2. "An App Default was Reset" How to get a solution from Microsoft?

I spent this morning reading through over 2000 comments made over the past 3 days about Microsoft windows now blocking other applications from being the default when opening a file and getting flooded with this message:

An app default was reset

An app caused a problem with the default app settings for *.type files, so it was reset to "Microsoft app that opens that file type"

The solution I've received from Microsoft so far is to "Uninstall the app associated with the file type" in my case Photoshop, Gimp, Media Monkey, Textpad, WinRAR, WinZip, etc and see if reinstalling the app fixes the problem. Why would they offer that as
    a SOLUTION?

Is there any way to get them to fix something? Any way to get a response from them that they are working on a fix? Or is this just a plan to switch everyone to a Mac?

Why-Is-This-Happening, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Windows cannot setup a homegroup in this computer. Activating Peer Name Resolution Protocol and Peer Networking Grouping fails. Resetting PC also fails.

mercer102, you are my hero. This worked!! I did not have to make a new homegroup as suggested by MS engineer. Sweet relief. This was simple and I am giddy that a solution actually worked after flailing for days down the rabbit hole of googling all my compatibility
    casualties of the windows 10 upgrade. Thank you, dear genius.

why is this happeneing?, Jan 5, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Why this happens?

The program is still open, right click the icon on the taskbar and choose to Close Window

spunk, Jan 5, 2018
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    First possibility: someone got to your pc and pranked you by changing the shortcuts' property to 'Run as Minimized'.

Second possibility: Coincidence the software in question do run as minimized at startup. Altho Firefox would not normally run as minimized.

pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why this happens?

1. Why this happens? - Similar Threads - Why happens

2. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  3. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?: As an example, I'm trying to type the word "Test" into an Excel cell, but it automatically gets de-selected so I have to click into the cell again to continue typing until it happens again. I noticed if I just stop, the cell selects and de-selects repeatedly by itself. It's...
  4. Windows is selecting and de-selecting by itself. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mlf error message has just started to happen wondering why

in Windows 10 Customization
    mlf error message has just started to happen wondering why: using the Microsoft community reponse tab in the past had no problem making a comment until today when i got an mlf error message wondering why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mlf-error-message-has-just-started-to-happen/a74e995f-d724-4f1c-b691-a0134f303cd8
  6. Why this happen?

Why this happen?: So, I want to set RAM to maximum because my ram is not full 4 GB RAM but 3,48 RAM Usable, after I'm setting the RAM to maximum 4096 MB RAM but after I restart, I got an automatic update, which is annoying for me, I wait and the Computer to booting, after that I'm check in...
  7. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is this happening?: For some reason before i restarted my computer for other reasons my computer kept pressing the + key and pressing enter, it has been happening randomly ever since i got this computer, it isn't happening right now but it happens randomly,...
  8. Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth disabled upon PC waking from sleep, no one has a solution or idea why it is happening: I recently built a new system and installed a PCIe wireless adapter with Bluetooth. The devices work fine during normal use, but there is a perfectly consistent and reliable flaw: Bluetooth will not work when the PC wakes after going to sleep. Here is the Device Manager...
  9. What happened and why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happened and why?: I bought a new HP last year and in Feb i noticed that I was locked out of my BIOS. In March while poking around trying to figure out why my laptop just got the BSOD and would not reboot. I had a local shop install a new copy but 6 hours later the system reverted back. It...
  10. PC suddenly restarts. Need help, need to know why, these happened twice already recently

PC suddenly restarts. Need help, need to know why, these happened twice already recently: From windows system log:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000006000, 0xffff8d04cd9fa4b0, 0xffffffffc0000225, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 07f003b3-8c13-4a1b-bb35-cacb440c364b.DUMP...