Windows 10: Why this happens?

Discus and support Why this happens? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I load and run eg Firebox, the page just close and appears on my taskbar as an icon. This happens on most softwares. This only appears at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greeny, Jan 5, 2018.

1. greeny Win User

Why this happens?

When I load and run eg Firebox, the page just close and appears on my taskbar as an icon. This happens on most softwares. This only appears at the initial start.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

:)

greeny, Jan 5, 2018

2. "An App Default was Reset" How to get a solution from Microsoft?

I spent this morning reading through over 2000 comments made over the past 3 days about Microsoft windows now blocking other applications from being the default when opening a file and getting flooded with this message:

An app default was reset

An app caused a problem with the default app settings for *.type files, so it was reset to "Microsoft app that opens that file type"

The solution I've received from Microsoft so far is to "Uninstall the app associated with the file type" in my case Photoshop, Gimp, Media Monkey, Textpad, WinRAR, WinZip, etc and see if reinstalling the app fixes the problem. Why would they offer that as
    a SOLUTION?

Is there any way to get them to fix something? Any way to get a response from them that they are working on a fix? Or is this just a plan to switch everyone to a Mac?

Why-Is-This-Happening, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Windows cannot setup a homegroup in this computer. Activating Peer Name Resolution Protocol and Peer Networking Grouping fails. Resetting PC also fails.

mercer102, you are my hero. This worked!! I did not have to make a new homegroup as suggested by MS engineer. Sweet relief. This was simple and I am giddy that a solution actually worked after flailing for days down the rabbit hole of googling all my compatibility
    casualties of the windows 10 upgrade. Thank you, dear genius.

why is this happeneing?, Jan 5, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

Why this happens?

The program is still open, right click the icon on the taskbar and choose to Close Window

spunk, Jan 5, 2018
  5. pyramid10 Win User
    First possibility: someone got to your pc and pranked you by changing the shortcuts' property to 'Run as Minimized'.

Second possibility: Coincidence the software in question do run as minimized at startup. Altho Firefox would not normally run as minimized.

pyramid10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why this happens?

1. Why this happens? - Similar Threads - Why happens

2. Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...: Just in the past few days I began getting virus scan failed messages when I tried to download files from reputable sites bank, hydro company, etc. At first thought it was only .csv files but affects other file types also.Same for Chrome and Edge. Did not try other browsers...
  3. Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did this just happening in last few days february 2024 Could not download - virus scan...: Just in the past few days I began getting virus scan failed messages when I tried to download files from reputable sites bank, hydro company, etc. At first thought it was only .csv files but affects other file types also.Same for Chrome and Edge. Did not try other browsers...
  4. You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...

You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...: You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, it's my 2nd attempt with this program. Why is this happening suddenly with Clipchamp? It's literally holding my videos hostage since this is the only video program Microsoft has available. Very problematic....
  5. You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, Why is this happening suddenly...: You Tube is saying the video is unreadable from Clipchamp, it's my 2nd attempt with this program. Why is this happening suddenly with Clipchamp? It's literally holding my videos hostage since this is the only video program Microsoft has available. Very problematic....
  6. Why does this happen and how to fix

Why does this happen and how to fix: Laptop boots normal but brings me to a screen where it says ”your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to change your setup pin again” then i click this and a window pops up goes again why? How to fix this It is and acer...
  7. Why does this happen and how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this happen and how to fix: Laptop boots normal but brings me to a screen where it says ”your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to change your setup pin again” then i click this and a window pops up goes again why? How to fix this...
  8. Why does this happen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does this happen: Whenever I try to post a reply it says oops please try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-happen/4775c122-7e9a-41c8-a1b7-2c40fc261682
  9. Why does this happen

Why does this happen: Whenever I try to post a reply it says oops please try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-this-happen/4775c122-7e9a-41c8-a1b7-2c40fc261682
  10. why is this happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is this happening: I am getting this error message in my device manager "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 " A USB port reset request failed. I have update it with no luck. this is under universal serial bus controllers, unknown usb device port reset...