Windows 10: Why this upgrade is free

Discus and support Why this upgrade is free in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It seems obvious that M$ has given this free upgrade so users can point out its shortcomings. We are helping them develop their new OS and for that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by roban, Aug 3, 2015.

1. roban Win User

Why this upgrade is free

It seems obvious that M$ has given this free upgrade so users can point out its shortcomings.

We are helping them develop their new OS and for that we get it free of charge. OK. That's a fair exchange.

Having been a beta tester for almost a year I would have hoped that shortcomings like task scheduler and Edge might have been further along. But they are not, along with the plethora of other issues users are having.

I use my computer for business and I cannot see living with these under developed system functions. So, I will wait a few more days or perhaps another 2 weeks. If by that time things are not further along I will revert to Windows 7 Pro.

:)

roban, Aug 3, 2015
  2. RickHeath Win User

Why is this upgrade free?

They will not charge you after the free year! I have a good friend in Seattle on the Microsoft Win 10 team.

Too many paranoid people here!!!

RickHeath, Aug 3, 2015
  3. RickHeath Win User
    Why is this upgrade free?

Over the past few days prior to the free release of Win 10, I have talked to several Apple users. They all told me that Apple always gives free OS upgrades to current users. I have a friend in Seattle that works on the Microsoft software team and he tells
    me it is Win 10 is a very good OS. I trust his word! I am now using it and it looks and runs great!!!!

RickHeath, Aug 3, 2015
  4. TeknoBug Win User

Why this upgrade is free

Do not install Windows 10 if you use your PC for business.

TeknoBug, Aug 3, 2015
  5. roban Win User
    Why do you say that? You can't change the date of events in the Calendar App. There are other bugs as well. I use Google Calendar and sync with my iPhone but I would use it if it worked. Task Manager is totally useless. You cannot add tasks or delete them. Edge is not ready for prime time.

So please tell me why Windows 10 is good for business. I am looking for threads to hold on to.

roban, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Huh? You do realize that Task Manager and Task Scheduler are two different things, right?

I have no issues adding tasks in task scheduler... what problems do you have?

Mystere, Aug 3, 2015
  7. roban Win User
    Yes I do know that task manager and task scheduler are different.

I am trying to schdule a task for a back up software. I had no problem doing this in Windows 7. It asks for my Windows Logon Passowrd. When I enter it an error pops up "The task object version is either unsupported or invalid". That's using my M$ account password. If I enter my regular logon password "The user name or password is incorrect".

So, I am unable to schedule a task.

roban, Aug 3, 2015
  8. Why this upgrade is free

I also suggest typing in Windows Feedback into the search area and let Microsoft know any concerns anyone may have. They are likely not to check these forums.

GamerwGlasses, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why this upgrade is free

1. Why this upgrade is free - Similar Threads - Why upgrade free

2. Free upgrade to windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Free upgrade to windows10: I have windows7 installed on my desktop.Is it possible to upgrade to windows10 for free?If yes let me know the steps to follow.ThanksUmasankar Sahu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade-to-windows10/452b6e03-27ba-48b0-9af2-1ef5ac2cbad6
  3. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  4. free upgrade??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    free upgrade??: hi, i am considering upgrading to win 10 form my win 8. my pc meets requirements, but im wondering, if it will be free??.thank you fo reply https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/free-upgrade/f4e0762c-6cfd-4881-8b5e-f4824d403877
  5. Upgrade To W10....For Free

Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  6. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  7. windows free upgrade

windows free upgrade: i got a free upgrade online and went from windows 7 to 10. cant activate it no key how can i fix this *** Email address is removed for privacy *** any answers will help...
  8. Free upgrade?

Free upgrade?: I had a feeling this would have been asked already, but did a quick search and nothing came up: I was under the impression that the window (no pun intended) to upgrade to Windows 10 had passed a long time ago, but there are videos on Youtube etc that suggest you can still...
  9. Installing free upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing free upgrade: Just curious, but I have 6 pc's slated for the free upgrade. How will you know which download is intended for each machine? 9085
  10. free upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    free upgrade: do we know who long to expect the free upgrade to windows 10 from windows 8? will it be 29th? 8657