Windows 10: Why to size differences in Windows 10 files? Also a question removing.

Discus and support Why to size differences in Windows 10 files? Also a question removing. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Two not to, sorry about that. I have two ASUS Computers. G73SW from Win7pro to Win10 Win10 program 1size 18.7gb 92,424 files. Old Win 27.2gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by digitalcurisity, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Why to size differences in Windows 10 files? Also a question removing.

Two not to, sorry about that.

I have two ASUS Computers.

G73SW from Win7pro to Win10 Win10 program 1size 18.7gb 92,424 files. Old Win 27.2gb 117.322 files.

G73JH from Win 8.1 to Win10 program size 16.9gb 104.641 files. Old Win 16.466gb 138.595 files.

Why the size differences in both program sizes and files? Any reason not to delete the old Windows files?

:)

digitalcurisity, Aug 19, 2015
  2. meaman Win User

Why are UIs different sizes?

Thanks for your prompt reply.

This occurs with many apps, my example screenshot showed two Office 2016 apps, but it also happens with Adobe Photoshop... sometimes. This phenomenon also happens when I un-dock and re-dock my Surface Book (even when putting the unit to sleep mode before
    making the switch).

Your suggestion with Display settings did not work, only a restart resolves the issue.

I can understand the resolution of a display getting confused, but two apps from the same vendor?!?

Thanks again.

M.

meaman, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Why are UIs different sizes?

Hi Meaman,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Does this occur only with particular programs?
    • Did you make any display settings changes prior to this issue?

I suggest you to change the screen resolution and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop screen.
    • Click on Display settings and select Advanced display settings.
    • Click on Resolution list and select the recommended 1024 X 768
      size or above.
    • Click on Apply to save the setting and reboot the device to check if the issue persist.

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Why to size differences in Windows 10 files? Also a question removing.

Windows.old is needed if you want to roll back (Go back) to the previous OS in the 30 days after the upgrade. If you don't plan to do that or made an image backup before the upgrade then delete it.

I use CCleaner to do it but Disk Cleanup can also get rid of it.

Ztruker, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

Why to size differences in Windows 10 files? Also a question removing.

1. Why to size differences in Windows 10 files? Also a question removing. - Similar Threads - Why size differences

2. Why is "Items Remaining" file size different to total file size in "properties"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is "Items Remaining" file size different to total file size in "properties": I'm downloading about 2,500 pictures and videos from my Onedrive to my HDD. When I looked in Windows Explorer/Properties, the size of all the files came to about 75GB ignoring size on disk as they are all in the cloud. When I started to copy them, the "Items Remaining" info...
  3. Why is "Items Remaining" file size different to total file size in "properties"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is "Items Remaining" file size different to total file size in "properties": I'm downloading about 2,500 pictures and videos from my Onedrive to my HDD. When I looked in Windows Explorer/Properties, the size of all the files came to about 75GB ignoring size on disk as they are all in the cloud. When I started to copy them, the "Items Remaining" info...
  4. Library file size. Why are the files the same size as the original?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Library file size. Why are the files the same size as the original?: When I open Explorer, the files in my libraries are the same size as the original.If these were just pointers, shortcuts, wouldnt they be very small.When I search for large files, I see a dupe of each...one in its original folder, and another exactly the same in the library...
  5. Library file size. Why are the files the same size as the original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Library file size. Why are the files the same size as the original?: When I open Explorer, the files in my libraries are the same size as the original.If these were just pointers, shortcuts, wouldnt they be very small.When I search for large files, I see a dupe of each...one in its original folder, and another exactly the same in the library...
  6. Library file size. Why are the files the same size as the original?

7. Can You Have Different Font Sizes for Different Files of Notepad?

Can You Have Different Font Sizes for Different Files of Notepad?: Whenever I choose to resize text in a new file of notepad, it also changes my previous files of notepad to the same size I'm using in my new file. Making every file that I have in notepad the same, consistent size. Is it possible for each file to have a its own unique size...
  8. Files, folders, merge. Also why are my documents being downloaded in different places

Files, folders, merge. Also why are my documents being downloaded in different places: This should be simple but I can't solve it. Trying to move several folders into one master file, then merge several master files together. i.e. A, B, C into G DEF into H and then G, H into J...
  9. Backup with robocopy file count and size are different

Backup with robocopy file count and size are different: I always try to keep up 3 copies and found the tool robocopy /mir as very useful. After some years I run into a big issue. Why there is such a big discrepancy in file size and count eating up the space on my external drive? See attached screenshot: [ATTACH] If I compare...
  10. Why is the ISO size different for Tech bench and MCT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the ISO size different for Tech bench and MCT?: I downloaded Windows 10 64bit International English from techbench and the size is 4.09GB In both cases I selected Windows 10(not home or pro or single language or n or kn just Windows 10) Language:British English(english international) 64bit I created same iso using MCT...