Windows 10: Why Two different folders named Pictures?

Discus and support Why Two different folders named Pictures? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently found that my computer had created two different folders with the same name "Pictures". Both are on my D: drive which is my data drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Niagara Mouse, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Why Two different folders named Pictures?

I have recently found that my computer had created two different folders with the same name "Pictures". Both are on my D: drive which is my data drive where I keep data and my C: drive is my SSD.One folder is found at D:\Pictures and the other one is D:\niaga\Pictures. They both contain different things. I have all my photos saved to the This PC D:\Pictures but nothing shows up in the other one, plus that one has three empty folders that I did not create. I found this accidentally because I allowed my computer to automatically save to "Pictures" but then could not find the image in my D:\Pic

:)

Niagara Mouse, Apr 23, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 23, 2021
  4. Traijan Win User

Why Two different folders named Pictures?

Pictures folder problems

Hi,

So I followed these instructions:
    And it fixed the other system folders but it's not fixing the Pictures folder, the Pictures folder still refuses to allow me to write anything into it.

I followed the instructions exactly from above. The thing is though that with Step 5 and 6 above my username is already listed as the owner. I go ahead and do them anyway, and type in my username and click the button and add it in again but it never appears in the list of users that have access to the folder at all.

I tried closing the windows after clicking ok and reopening them to see that I'm still listed as the owner of it in the Advanced settings but I'm not in the list of users below that. I have also rebooted the computer but I'm still not listed in the users with access nor can I write/save files to the Pictures folder

How do I solve this?

Traijan, Apr 23, 2021
Thema:

Why Two different folders named Pictures?

1. Why Two different folders named Pictures? - Similar Threads - Why different folders

2. two folders Pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two folders Pictures: After update to windows 11, my PC have two folders name "Pictures" and have no folder name "Musics". Both of them are link to my picrure folder.How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-folders-pictures/b4066cca-ab55-4188-9ef5-f3be6b9fe324
  3. two folders Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two folders Pictures: After update to windows 11, my PC have two folders name "Pictures" and have no folder name "Musics". Both of them are link to my picrure folder.How can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-folders-pictures/b4066cca-ab55-4188-9ef5-f3be6b9fe324
  4. Folders have two names

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders have two names: My efforts to permanently remove 3D Objects folder were unsuccessful. Microsoft always came up with a way to put it back. So I thought I would make it into something useful and re-named it to Books then moved all my "Books" into that folder. Microsoft found a way to change...
  5. Two different ".dll " to work sharing folder and name ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two different ".dll " to work sharing folder and name ?: I need two programs to work with a game at the same time . In the same folder . Problem is when two files have same names , then it will ask to remove one, or rename one. and then one wont work. All I know currently about that . 1st. ReShade 4.8.2 ; a graphics shader...
  6. Two folders named pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two folders named pictures: I have to go to OSC: >users>still>pictures to find all the files I have under pictures. THEN... there is another folder labeled Pictures that is under my name> pictures. i do not like having to go to OSC: >Users>still>pictures just to save something or find something in my...
  7. Why two Pictures?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why two Pictures?: I have been trying to figure out why there are two images of mine on the Settings>Accounts>Your Info Page as shown below instead of just one picture but I haven't been able to find any logical reason. Please help me to figure this one out. Amarnath Wanchoo aka [img] 142946
  8. Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two folders with exactly the same name, location but different contents and subfolders: Hi, I don't know how this happened, but somehow I have two folders with the same name, same address/location but entirely different contents. [ATTACH] Because of this Windows completely bugs out when you try to move either of these folders. I can change the contents...
  9. Two different user folders?

Two different user folders?: It seems like I have 2 users folders One with path C:\Users\[username] and the other [username] I only notice this if I pin the user folder to Quick Access. Pictures attached. 48467
  10. Two picture folders

Two picture folders: [img] I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, but here goes. I was downloading some pictures from the internet and in the process of deleting some of the pics and other stuff (blank pages and pages with what looked like the IE icon) I somehow ended up...