Windows 10: Why Two Recovery Partitions

Discus and support Why Two Recovery Partitions in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Disk Management show 2 recovery partitions??How many does Windows 10 need??James... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JamesJoey, Jul 13, 2021.

1. JamesJoey Win User

Why Two Recovery Partitions

In Disk Management show 2 recovery partitions??How many does Windows 10 need??James

:)

JamesJoey, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jul 13, 2021
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Why Two Recovery Partitions :)

RyoTakagi, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Mario Tum Win User

Recovery Partition in Windows 10.0

Hello,

To create a Recovery Partition, follow the steps below:

• Click Start menu.
    • Type Recovery then choose Create a recovery drive.
    Plug in an empty USB stick and follow the instructions that will be shown on the screen.

Regards.

Mario Tum, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Why Two Recovery Partitions - Similar Threads - Why Recovery Partitions

2. two recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two recovery partitions: hi,After update to windows 11, my disk have two recovery partitions. which one i can delete?thank for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-recovery-partitions/14759a92-8ae2-4f6d-8362-4f13af8db315
  3. two recovery partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two recovery partitions: hi,After update to windows 11, my disk have two recovery partitions. which one i can delete?thank for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-recovery-partitions/14759a92-8ae2-4f6d-8362-4f13af8db315
  4. Two recovery partitions, but one is mostly empty.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two recovery partitions, but one is mostly empty.: I've got two recovery partitions, one at the end of the drive and one near the beginning. The one at the end of the drive is the unlabeled 5th partition and has/Recovery/WindowsRE/Winre.wim in it which loads up the recovery environment. You can see that in this screenshot of...
  5. Why do I have two recovery partitions?

Why do I have two recovery partitions?: I check out my partitioning scheme and I see something odd: Code: DISKPART> list partition Partition ### Type Size Offset ------------- ---------------- ------- ------- Partition 1 Recovery 499 MB 1024 KB Partition 2 System 100 MB 500 MB Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 600 MB...
  6. Two recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Two recovery partitions?: Hi, I am using Windows 10.0.16299 build 16299 My PC is UEFI. I noticed this partition layout: [img] is it normal? Why two recovery partition (at beginning and at the end)? Thank you! 106688
  7. Why Two Recovery Partitions??

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Two Recovery Partitions??: Looking at Disk Management in W10, I note that my 'C' Drive (SSD) has two 450Mb Healthy (Recovery Partition) on it and One 99Mb Healthy (EFI System Partition) on it along with the main primary partition. Why have I got two of these Recovery Partitions? Did an extra one get...
  8. I got two recovery-partitions

I got two recovery-partitions: After upgrade from previous 10 to Creators-upgrade I got two recovery-partitions next to the OS-partition. So, one of the "old" Win-OS and the second for the upgrade. Is it safe to remove one of them and which one .............?? How can I find out which one is the...
  9. Why are there two recovery partitions?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are there two recovery partitions?: [img] Hi, I've noticed I have an extra recovery partition that wasn't in Windows 8.1. Is it a partition for recovery back to 8.1? (I ran disk cleanup to get rid of the files, as I have a system image to use if I wanted to go back). And in disk cleanup, I see there's a...
  10. Two Recovery Partitions after installing 10586.3?

Two Recovery Partitions after installing 10586.3?: After finishing the installation of the Threshold 2 update 10586.3, I seem to have grown an additional Recovery Partition. How many of these do I need? Will the excess one be deleted along with Windows.old after thirty days (or if I run Cleanmgr earlier)? Thanks...