Windows 10: Why unable to add a new folder to desktop after latest update to Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Why unable to add a new folder to desktop after latest update to Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I cannot open a new folder on the desktop after the latest Windows 10 update. I cannot even execute a reset. Any ideas.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StanleyNiekras, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Why unable to add a new folder to desktop after latest update to Windows 10 Pro

I cannot open a new folder on the desktop after the latest Windows 10 update. I cannot even execute a reset. Any ideas.

:)

StanleyNiekras, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 16, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 16, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Why unable to add a new folder to desktop after latest update to Windows 10 Pro

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Why unable to add a new folder to desktop after latest update to Windows 10 Pro

1. Why unable to add a new folder to desktop after latest update to Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Why unable add

2. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  3. Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add new folders to windows mail app.: II have recently installed windows 11, including the windows mail app. I need to add new folders to this. The standard advice seems to be that this can be done by clicking on a plus sign next to the "Folder" option, but no such plus sign is visible. I have followed advice to...
  4. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  5. Unable to add folders and apps to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to add folders and apps to desktop: I've been unable to add folders and apps to my desktop after I decided to delete all the widgets I had previously installed. I've tried resetting my desktop setting and adding shortcuts multiple ways, and I can't get anything to work. Is there a way that I could have set a...
  6. Problem after Windows 10 latest update: New folders or files would not appear on desktop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem after Windows 10 latest update: New folders or files would not appear on desktop.: Hello, After the latest Windows 10 update, some new problems have appeared. When you create a new folder in the desktop, the folder does not appear. The same happens to all other new files you create: excel, word, text file, etc.How to solve this problem?...
  7. Unable to run Adobe Premier pro after latest windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run Adobe Premier pro after latest windows update: Hi , I am getting glitchy broken video in adobe premier pro after latest windows update in my HP notebook 15-da03252tu on 13.09.2020.All though it was running smoothly before the update. Could you please help me to fix this. Thanks....
  8. After latest Update, Windows 10 Pro will not restart?

After latest Update, Windows 10 Pro will not restart?: I just today, August 31, 2020, installed an update to Windows 10 Pro. When it restarted, all that happened was a black screen with a flashing white cursor in the upper left of the screen. Panicked, I inserted my Windows 10 System Repair Disk that I created when I updated from...
  9. Desktop, cannot add new folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop, cannot add new folder: Right click on desktop Move to "New Folder" Freezes up, cannot add a New Folder to desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-cannot-add-new-folder/7f878ba3-b0f8-4a38-ac0b-460b1f960722
  10. Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update

Desktop black after latest Windows 10 update: Desktop just black after logging in after new Windows 10 update. How can microsoft keep doing, this releasing poorly finished automatic updates that renders computers uselss? Wasting my time and money when i should be running my business. It is absolutely pathetic....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need to add a folder to the desktop after installing windows