Windows 10: Why USB C ports on different laptops have differing functionality

Discus and support Why USB C ports on different laptops have differing functionality in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 2 new laptops - One an HP Pavilion and the other an Avita Liber , Each laptop has a usb c port . However the properties and support of each of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by perfection, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Why USB C ports on different laptops have differing functionality

I have 2 new laptops - One an HP Pavilion and the other an Avita Liber , Each laptop has a usb c port . However the properties and support of each of these C ports seem different. Someone then mentioned that different ports support different functions'. From the data below please help me to identify the scope of my usb c ports and what is the difference in the ports of these two laptops.

I buy a USB C dock with vga, hdmi, usb 3 A type female and PD ports
    Why USB C ports on different laptops have differing functionality [​IMG]

All outputs work on the Avita when i plug in an external HDD (USB) or a projector (vga) of output to my TV (hdmi) but none work when i use this dock on the HP laptop

The HP laptop C port has this symbol

The Avita laptop C Port has this symbol

:)

perfection, Sep 27, 2020
  2. CLY
    cly Win User

USB-C to Display port

Do all USB-C ports support display port? I am thinking of picking up a cheap laptop but want to be able to connect two additional displays if needed. The laptop has an HDMI and a USB-C Gen 1. Ace Aspire R R5. thanks

3. USB Ports

Hi Homer,

We'd like to ask a few questions to help us isolate this problem.

• Have you tried connecting your device tracker to a different USB port on your computer?
    • If so, was it detected?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

To address this issue, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps shared by Praveen Venogupal on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Why USB C ports on different laptops have differing functionality

Is there a real need for USB Type C

Oh so there is a need for usb type c. Now I wish my laptop had usb type c. I don't understand why asus didn't add usb type c for this laptop I mean it's a 2015 model, usb type c existed in 2015 so what gives?

kennyreid95, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Why USB C ports on different laptops have differing functionality

1. Why USB C ports on different laptops have differing functionality - Similar Threads - Why USB ports

2. Can two USB ports have different drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can two USB ports have different drivers.: I have a Garmin satnav which requires a particular USB driver to be loaded, however if I plug my phone into the USB, it is not seen.In the past I have had to load a different USB driver, to make the phone connection work. If I then plug in my satnav again, it will not...
  3. Different 'Removal policy' for two USB 3.0 ports

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different 'Removal policy' for two USB 3.0 ports: Hi,I have two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports.When I plug external drive flash or disk into first USB 3.0 Port_#0008.Hub_#0003 then it is not possible to safely disconnect the drive because "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon is not present on the task bar the icon is...
  4. Different 'Removal policy' for two USB 3.0 ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different 'Removal policy' for two USB 3.0 ports: Hi,I have two USB 2.0 and two USB 3.0 ports.When I plug external drive flash or disk into first USB 3.0 Port_#0008.Hub_#0003 then it is not possible to safely disconnect the drive because "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media" icon is not present on the task bar the icon is...
  5. Different 'Removal policy' for two USB 3.0 ports

6. Different devices plugged into random usb ports?

Different devices plugged into random usb ports?: if I plug "device A" into "USB 1", and plug "device B" into "USB 2", then disconnect both devices and plug "device B" into "USB 1" there will be a device-driver conflict? Thanks! *Smile 173183
  7. USB port not functioning

USB port not functioning: Hello there, this morning my laptop's USB port was working just fine. But for some reason, the USB port on the right is not working. Is there a fix to it? What causes this to happen?...
  8. C# or C++: What are the differences?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C# or C++: What are the differences?: Would you even notice a difference in the code for "Hello World"? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/get-started/tutorial-console-cpp?view=vs-2019 This is an introduction to C++. Would it look different in C#? Or should I look for a general introduction to C without paying...
  9. Keyboar different function

Keyboar different function: Why my backtick button on keyboard change fungtionality to windows button, i dont know how to solve it, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboar-different-function/f8fcbc6d-e030-49c4-912e-2c353ac464a6
  10. Plug into different USB port after shutdown?

Plug into different USB port after shutdown?: If I unplug all the USB connections to modify the computer (insert/remove pci card, etc) and replug the USB connections back into different locations, they do not work....at least not immediately. I have to reboot a few times, disconnect them, reboot, etc. and eventually they...