Windows 10: Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?

Discus and support Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are a number of forum threads throughout the Internet discussing the work around of adding the registry below, to get RDP working. I'm asking for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Xiayu SEA, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Xiayu SEA Win User

Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?

There are a number of forum threads throughout the Internet discussing the work around of adding the registry below, to get RDP working. I'm asking for official public documentation of why and when this is necessary, or an alternate solution and the location of that public documentation. This seems to affect some Windows 10 installs but not others. I had an .RDP file that was working for me but not a client. Neither of us had this registry but once I added it to the customer's registry the .RDP file worked.HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\RDGClientTransport DWORD 0x00000001

:)

Xiayu SEA, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?

1. Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport? - Similar Threads - Why was necessary

2. Command line to add dword to registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  3. Command line to add dword to registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Command line to add dword to registry: I currently have this registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EveryonePrint\HCP Client and would like to add a DWORD to it with the value 00000000 but it is coming up with invalid syntax error. What is wrong with my command line below? I can manually add the DWORD using register...
  4. Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?: There are a number of forum threads throughout the Internet discussing the work around of adding the registry below, to get RDP working. I'm asking for official public documentation of why and when this is necessary, or an alternate solution and the location of that public...
  5. Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why was it necessary to add the DWORD RDGClientTransport?: There are a number of forum threads throughout the Internet discussing the work around of adding the registry below, to get RDP working. I'm asking for official public documentation of why and when this is necessary, or an alternate solution and the location of that public...
  6. are they necessary

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    are they necessary: After my upgrade to Win 10 (over Win 7) I have a lot of Microsoft Visual C++ files, some x86 some x64 going back as far as 2011. I also have some Visual Studios redistributables most x64 but one x86) going back to 2012. Are all these iterations necessary? Can i delete some?...
  7. Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is add-on antivirus software necessary anymore?: do i still need avg antivirus or any other antivirus in addition to windows defender? AVG is boggin' me down something fierce, plus I no longer see easy to adjust methods to reduce how much brain power it sucks from my computer. Just renewed with avg too but willing to cut...
  8. why is a standard account necessary in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is a standard account necessary in windows 10: why is a standard account necessary in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-a-standard-account-necessary-in-windows-10/a564a609-368e-43f8-a5d4-32a08ea9bcec"
  9. Is 1803 necessary?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is 1803 necessary?: Is it necessary to install 1803 prior to installing 1809? My PC won't install 1803 (it has 1709 installed) and I thought that I'd just download the ISO for 1809 and install that, skipping 1803. If that possible?...
  10. Are these services necessary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are these services necessary?: After the anniversary update I notice these services and was wondering if I really needed them, some are running. You can't disabled them through services and properties. UserDataSvc_43ced UnistoreSvc_43ced WpnUserService_43ced PimIndexMaintenanceSvc_43ced 62956