Windows 10: Why was this Article locked "Switching to a local account option isn't available "

Discus and support Why was this Article locked "Switching to a local account option isn't available " in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; It not fixed so why lock the post. Why don't you want us using a local account? 1909 version has no login local account option. I am totally amazed... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by bmazak, Apr 14, 2020.

1. bmazak Win User

Why was this Article locked "Switching to a local account option isn't available "

It not fixed so why lock the post.

Why don't you want us using a local account? 1909 version has no login local account option.

I am totally amazed at question avoidance. I ask if the sky is blue and you answer change color to red.

This user respectfully asked how to login local account and the setting is not showing and you answer click the setting of which there is none.

Real respectful huh?

:)

bmazak, Apr 14, 2020

2. Switching to a local account option isn't available

Original Title: Switching to a local account.

Hello. I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and used my Microsoft account to log in. However, as this is a shared computer, I wish to switch to a local account. I go into Setting> Accounts > Your account. I believe there is supposed to be a 'Switch to a local
    account' option, however it doesn't appear for me. Only options I found there are 'Manage my Microsoft account' and 'Your picture'. 'Switch to local account' option isn't available for some reason.

Maja Prodić, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Why was this Article locked "Switching to a local account option isn't available "

Switching to a local account option isn't available

Hi Maja,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query.

To convert the Microsoft account into Local account, follow the steps below:

Step 1: Sign in to your Microsoft account on Windows 10.

Step 2: Click Start and then PC settings.

Step 3: Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Disconnect on the right of the screen.

Step 4: Enter your Microsoft account's password, and click on Next.

Step 5: Type in a Username,
    Password, and Password Hint that you want set for your Local account and click
    Next. Click on Sign out and Finish button.

In order to switch back, follow these steps:

Step 1: On the newly converted Local account, click Start and then PC Settings.

Step 2: Click Users and accounts and under Your Profile click Connect to a Microsoft account.

Step 3: Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Step 4: Choose if you want OneDrive as your default file saving location, click Next.

Step 5: Click Switch.

Hope this helps!

Get back to us if you have queries regarding Windows, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Microsoft Community.

Likhitha V, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Why was this Article locked "Switching to a local account option isn't available "

1. Why was this Article locked "Switching to a local account option isn't available " - Similar Threads - Why was Article

2. I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.: I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-to-local-account-the-button-isnt/59383f33-9b2a-4e93-9512-31d255d89987
  3. I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.: I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-switch-to-local-account-the-button-isnt/59383f33-9b2a-4e93-9512-31d255d89987
  4. I can't switch to local account- the button isn't there.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Switch user to local account. No option to do so.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switch user to local account. No option to do so.: Technical: Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1288Warning: I know just enough to be dangerous.What happened: I set up my husband's PC with a local account when he first got it. I got a Windows 365 license for my Surface Pro. My husband asked if I could put it on his...
  6. Switch user to local account. No option to do so.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch user to local account. No option to do so.: Technical: Windows 10 Home Version 20H2 OS Build 19042.1288Warning: I know just enough to be dangerous.What happened: I set up my husband's PC with a local account when he first got it. I got a Windows 365 license for my Surface Pro. My husband asked if I could put it on his...
  7. Switch user to local account. No option to do so.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No option to switch to a local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No option to switch to a local account: I am not sure what to do. submitted by /u/butterfingerboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0j9wg/no_option_to_switch_to_a_local_account/
  9. Switch to a Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Switch to a Local Account: I am trying to set up a local account after I have a Microsoft account set up. But it appears there is no option to add a local user when I go through the Settings, Your Account section. Why is this?...
  10. Switching to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching to a local account: When I switch to a different account it says, "Switch to a local account". Can the account I’m switching to be accessed by anyone in my area?...