Windows 10: why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

Discus and support why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; if I disabled the modern standby s0 low power ideal then the sleep option is removed from everywhere and it shows Standby S3 The current Device Guard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vishal kumar _16, Mar 2, 2024.

1. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

if I disabled the modern standby s0 low power ideal then the sleep option is removed from everywhere and it shows Standby S3 The current Device Guard configuration has disabled this standby state.I want to get the s3 sleep state. if I disabled the firmware protection than the sleep option occurs my concern is how to do it without turning off the firmware protection in windows 11 home. I want to get s3 sleep state because my laptop battery is draining after the shutdown. because in the modern standby sleep state my laptop drains 10 to 15 percent battery in approx 12 hours. I want t

:)

vishal kumar _16, Mar 2, 2024

2. How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby (S0)

Hi,

I had checked this site already. The solution provided here disables the S0 modern standby, but it does not enable S3. (Meaning the sleep as a whole is removed itself)

Shubham Jhawar, Mar 2, 2024
  3. How can I go into sleep s3 manually

Hi, how are you ?!

We are happy with your contact!

Please try to check this option:

https://faronics.kayako.com/knowledgebase/artic...

Faronics knowledgebase / article / View / 146/0 / my-workstation-will-not-enter-sleep-or-will-not-enter-the-s3-sleep-state

https://superuser.com/questions/1247010/how-to-...

Super User questions / 1247010 / how-to-prevent-windows-10-from-going-to-s3-sleep-when-sleep-is-disabled

Super User questions / 1400464 / windows-10-cant-go-to-sleep-sleep-states-s1-s3-are-not-available

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope I helped, let us know as soon as you solve your case so you can understand that your case has been resolved!

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Jediael Elias Corrêa

jecorrea888, Mar 2, 2024
  4. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

How can I go into sleep s3 manually

Hello.

I have a Dell XPS 9500 and a big issue with it:

When I close the screen (press the power button shortly) I expect it to go into sleep as the screen turns black but the fans often don't calm down during a very long time. Often I came 1h or more later to continue my work but the computer was extremely hot
    and the fans blowing at max speed.

I work while travelling as well and when I put it in my bad it has happened numerous amount of times that the fans go wild because the computer wouldn't pause working and heating up in my bag.

When I open the computer to see which damn task is eating so many resources while it should sleep it is almost always the same: "System" using 15% of CPU (which is a lot) with Red "Battery consumption: Very high" in the task manager.

Now I humbly just ask: How can I make sure that my computer pauses its work when I close it.

I read that I was not the only one with this issue and that it wasn't like this when s3 was a thing so now I'm asking here how can I put my computer to s3 sleep so it stops working?

Code:
    > powercfg /aThe following sleep states are available on this system:    Standby (S0 Low Power Idle) Network Connected    Hibernate    Fast Startup

The following sleep states are not available on this system:    Standby (S1)        The system firmware does not support this standby state.        This standby state is disabled when S0 low power idle is supported.

Standby (S2)        The system firmware does not support this standby state.        This standby state is disabled when S0 low power idle is supported.

Standby (S3)        This standby state is disabled when S0 low power idle is supported.

Hybrid Sleep        Standby (S3) is not available.

SamuelGfeller, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

1. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep? - Similar Threads - why disable firmware

2. why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why we have to disable the firmware protection to get the s3 sleep?: if I disabled the modern standby s0 low power ideal then the sleep option is removed from everywhere and it shows Standby S3 The current Device Guard configuration has disabled this standby state.I want to get the s3 sleep state. if I disabled the firmware protection than the...
  3. Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?: I have a 12900K CPU and an MSI PRO Z960-A motherboard which should cover all the requirements of Firmware Protection on the latest Windows 11. For some reason I cannot enable that security feature while everything else is working without any problem. I tried enabling it using...
  4. Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I enable Firmware Protection?: I have a 12900K CPU and an MSI PRO Z960-A motherboard which should cover all the requirements of Firmware Protection on the latest Windows 11. For some reason I cannot enable that security feature while everything else is working without any problem. I tried enabling it using...
  5. How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0: Hi, I am having alot of issues with modern standby i.e., S0. I would like to disable this & enable S3 i.e., the legacy sleep. I have checked that my laptop supports S3. It is only when S0 is enabled, S3 cannot be enabled. Can anyone help me how can I enable S3 and disable S0?...
  6. How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0

How to enable S3 Sleep State and Disable Modern Standby S0: Hi, I am having alot of issues with modern standby i.e., S0. I would like to disable this & enable S3 i.e., the legacy sleep. I have checked that my laptop supports S3. It is only when S0 is enabled, S3 cannot be enabled. Can anyone help me how can I enable S3 and disable S0?...
  7. Enable firmware protection

Enable firmware protection: I just have the Firmware protection on my computer. I can't enable it even in an admin account. Please help me enable it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enable-firmware-protection/a587bf69-fefa-42a3-b6df-28c0e8a53bf8
  8. why win10 autorandom standby s3 sleep??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why win10 autorandom standby s3 sleep??: why win10 autorandom standby s3 sleep??here is my event log code: 2022.5.27 10:38:14 Service Control Manager 7006 2022.5.27 10:37:50 Service Control Manager 7034 2022.5.27 10:37:47 Service Control Manager 7006 2022.5.27 10:37:46 Service Control Manager 7034 2022.5.27 10:37:45...
  9. why win10 autorandom standby s3 sleep??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why win10 autorandom standby s3 sleep??: why win10 autorandom standby s3 sleep??here is my event log code: 2022.5.27 10:38:14 Service Control Manager 7006 2022.5.27 10:37:50 Service Control Manager 7034 2022.5.27 10:37:47 Service Control Manager 7006 2022.5.27 10:37:46 Service Control Manager 7034 2022.5.27 10:37:45...
  10. why win10 autorandom standby s3 sleep??