Windows 10: Why when I choose the operating system I want, it restarts the computer, then ask me again!...

Discus and support Why when I choose the operating system I want, it restarts the computer, then ask me again!... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was upgrading some updates on windows 10, when my son came by accident and he unpugged the computer. I have heard people saying if this happens your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Abodo Awab, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Why when I choose the operating system I want, it restarts the computer, then ask me again!...

I was upgrading some updates on windows 10, when my son came by accident and he unpugged the computer. I have heard people saying if this happens your computer will be lost forever. So, when I plugged it again, It told me to choose an operating system. The options were Windows 10 and Windows 10 it was the same. I choose one of them. then, it kind of restarts the computer, and then it opens again "Choose an operating systeem !?!?.Now i can't open my computer. Is there a solution for this ? ***And, by the way, if you are wondering how i wrote this text, I am using another Computer***

Please Help !

:)

Abodo Awab, Apr 20, 2020

2. ' choose an operation system to start"

Hi Bob,

To better assist you, do let us the complete message that you receive.

Sometimes, this could be due to two operating system installed in your computer. Just to make sure this is not the case, I suggest you to try the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type msconfig and press enter.

3. Click the "boot" tab and check if there are any other operating system listed.

4. In addition, change the timeout time to 3 seconds(default)

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Apr 20, 2020
  3. ' choose an operation system to start"

thank for your assistance,

i did the above step and it shown me only win10 as a default os and there isnt any other operation system except win 10 pro, My computer was booting normally for weeks ago but newly it starts to ask me to choose an operation system, is there any app can
    effect on my PC boot because i download many new app.

bob hammoud, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Why when I choose the operating system I want, it restarts the computer, then ask me again!...

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Why when I choose the operating system I want, it restarts the computer, then ask me again!...

1. Why when I choose the operating system I want, it restarts the computer, then ask me again!... - Similar Threads - Why choose operating

2. why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?: it’s asking me to choose operating system volume 2, volume 2, volume 3 how do i make it so that i have 1 operating system on my pc? i might’ve reinstalled windows 10 incorrectly...
  3. why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?: it’s asking me to choose operating system volume 2, volume 2, volume 3 how do i make it so that i have 1 operating system on my pc? i might’ve reinstalled windows 10 incorrectly...
  4. why is it asking me to choose operating system on startup?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I reset my Windows 10. After opening it, it asks me to choose an operating system both...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I reset my Windows 10. After opening it, it asks me to choose an operating system both...: Hi, please assist.After reseting my laptop when I open it, it gives me the options to choose an operating system both Windows 10 on level 3 and nothing else....
  6. I reset my Windows 10. After opening it, it asks me to choose an operating system both...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I reset my Windows 10. After opening it, it asks me to choose an operating system both...: Hi, please assist.After reseting my laptop when I open it, it gives me the options to choose an operating system both Windows 10 on level 3 and nothing else....
  7. I reset my Windows 10. After opening it, it asks me to choose an operating system both...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Restart Looping on "Choose an operating system"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restart Looping on "Choose an operating system": I tried to restart my computer a day or 2 ago and it got stuck on 82%. I restarted it and it kept bringing me to "Choose an operating system". I have tried to choose both options and nothing, I've also went into trouble shoot options and tried all of those, but now even my...
  9. when rebooting I get “Choose an operating system”

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    when rebooting I get “Choose an operating system”: when rebooting I get “Choose an operating system” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-rebooting-i-get-choose-an-operating-system/1a5a3afa-28de-4e8d-85e0-948b27d98c12
  10. WHy is my computer asking me what operating system to choose , and which one do i choose....

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHy is my computer asking me what operating system to choose , and which one do i choose....: WHy is my computer asking me what operating system to choose , and which one do i choose. WIndows rollback or 1 of the 2 volume 3 options?...