Windows 10: Why when i close windows holding down shift makes the system remember the size of windows...

Discus and support Why when i close windows holding down shift makes the system remember the size of windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I need to restart my pc several times a day, and I obviously need windows to remember the size of my explorer and programs windows at restart. I threw... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StefanoPetrini, Apr 14, 2023.

1. Why when i close windows holding down shift makes the system remember the size of windows...

I need to restart my pc several times a day, and I obviously need windows to remember the size of my explorer and programs windows at restart.
    I threw in the toilet lot of precious time every time for decades due to this problem. Why when i close windows holding down shift makes the system remember the size of windows but on restart these sizes are not remembered anymore?
    What can I do to get out of this Windows nightmare?

submitted by /u/StefanoPetrini
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StefanoPetrini, Apr 14, 2023
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop

Hi Bairn_966,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally, the Windows of the any program or the file Explorer will open in the same size as it was closed last time. However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Resize to the size of the application you want.
    2. Press the shift key and keep it pressed, then click on X or close window with mouse while the key is still pressed.
    3. Restart the System and check if that works.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 14, 2023
  3. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

This just happened to me and your suggestion worked so thanks.

HRPuffnstuff, Apr 14, 2023
  4. Why when i close windows holding down shift makes the system remember the size of windows...

How do I get Windows 10 to remember window size and position?

Here's a trick that works for me in a third party (Amateur Radio) application.

1. Size and locate the window as you wish.

2. Hold down the left SHIFT KEY

3. Click on the icon in the top left corner of the window in question.

4. In the pop-up that appears, still holding the left SHIFT KEY, click on CLOSE.

The window (and application) will close.

Restart and all should be well.

I don't remember where I got it, but it works for me in the latest version of Windows 10.

YMMV

John Scott40, Apr 14, 2023
Thema:

Why when i close windows holding down shift makes the system remember the size of windows...

1. Why when i close windows holding down shift makes the system remember the size of windows... - Similar Threads - Why close holding

2. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  3. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  4. Why can't I scroll while holding shift windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I scroll while holding shift windows 11?: My scroll locks when holding shift on win 11. I have tried uninstalling updates several times. Not really sure what caused this. I used the two a lot when playing games and it's annoying to have to stop using my shift key for what ever action just to change items or what...
  5. Why can't I scroll while holding shift windows 11?

Why can't I scroll while holding shift windows 11?: My scroll locks when holding shift on win 11. I have tried uninstalling updates several times. Not really sure what caused this. I used the two a lot when playing games and it's annoying to have to stop using my shift key for what ever action just to change items or what...
  6. Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does it make a windows sound when I press shift?: Makes window startup sound when I press shift. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-make-a-windows-sound-when-i-press/8aa5f846-88f5-4bfb-98f2-96ef72bcc1f7
  7. Shift key not working when holding down a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shift key not working when holding down a key: Hello, I got a new pc today and i realised i couldnt sprint properly in any games. I changed keyboards thinking that was the problem but I still wasnt able to sprint. When holding down a key and I press shift, the key i was holding will stop typing and nothing happens. I...
  8. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size: I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do. Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing...
  9. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...
  10. Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size

Make Outlook 2016 Remember Window Size: I prefer not to have Outlook take up my whole screen. For some reason, since reinstalling Windows and Office 365, I cannot get Outlook to remember the window size no matter what I do. Things I've tried: control + clicking red X, right clicking on the title bar and choosing...