Windows 10: why when i download a file it opens with note pad

Discus and support why when i download a file it opens with note pad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I download a file like a mod for a game it downloads as a .rar and a notepad and then opens in note pad? I am on a windows 10 laptop. 153024 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robert354, Mar 27, 2020.

1. robert354 Win User

why when i download a file it opens with note pad

When I download a file like a mod for a game it downloads as a .rar and a notepad and then opens in note pad? I am on a windows 10 laptop.

:)

robert354, Mar 27, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

When I enter the event in the note pad and then close the screen, when I come back to the note pad the entries are all gone

Hi,

whenever we type any content in notepad and close it without saving then all the contents will get erased. To get the contents saved in your system you need to save the files.

Follow the steps below and check if it help.

• Open the note pad, enter the details.
    • Click save on the top left
    • Give a name to the file.
    • Click on Save button. The files will get saved in the particular location.
    I hope the information is helpful.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Mar 27, 2020
  4. why when i download a file it opens with note pad

Note Pad

All my downloads and documents open with Note Pad, so I can't read or print them. How do I change this?

MatthewBorden1, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

why when i download a file it opens with note pad

1. why when i download a file it opens with note pad - Similar Threads - why download file

2. Why are my VHD files set to open with note pad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my VHD files set to open with note pad?: I made VHD files and for some reason instead of it having the image of a hard drive default image it shows an image of note padsIs there any way I can remove it to its default instead of open with?...
  3. Why are my VHD files set to open with note pad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my VHD files set to open with note pad?: I made VHD files and for some reason instead of it having the image of a hard drive default image it shows an image of note padsIs there any way I can remove it to its default instead of open with?...
  4. Note Pad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Note Pad: I opened an email attachment from a Mac in Note Pad. I can't read it. I think I clicked on "Always open in this format", so I can't change it. How do I change so it can be read in Windows?...
  5. note pad

note pad: note pad asks for admin permission to save an edited ini file when have initiated all permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/note-pad/442e60e0-39e5-4728-a38f-9d23a492d673
  6. open windows explorer note pad

in Cortana
    open windows explorer note pad: open windows explorer note pad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-windows-explorer-note-pad/c5bf3693-f7d4-4cb3-9617-4b89e0119e88"
  7. Note Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Note Pad: How do I change the space between horizontal lines ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/note-pad/db12a29e-937d-455f-8c85-c9c98e903250
  8. Note Pad opens saved files minimized

Note Pad opens saved files minimized: All of my saved notepad txt files open minimized. How can I have them open maximized? Thanks. I've already tried Type notepad in start menu search field> right click it> properties> shortcut tab> for the 'Run' option, select 'Maximized'. Apply> ok. If I make a notepad...
  9. Note Pad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Note Pad: How to change font size in note pad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/note-pad/06a413ac-d10d-4b89-9358-d87254af4fe3"
  10. downloading note pad exell

downloading note pad exell: i was downloading information from bc211 on excel but now it goes straight to note pad how do i get it back to excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/downloading-note-pad-exell/f9d8ae80-b502-4b7c-979d-fec1a76fac42