Windows 10: Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ?

Discus and support Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when I push the button to restart my computer ,for an upgrade on one of my apps that needs to restart to install, i will lose all my contents of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by geneo123, Dec 6, 2019.

1. geneo123 Win User

Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ?

when I push the button to restart my computer ,for an upgrade on one of my apps that needs to restart to install, i will lose all my contents of my folders like pictures , documents, downloads . I need help to fix this problem.

:)

geneo123, Dec 6, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 6, 2019
  3. monim1 Win User
    EMUI

Here's the steps to update EMUI 4.1.1 to 5.0 :
    • Download the EMUI 5.0(desired version) .zip file, and unzip it.
    • Place the .hwt file in the HWThemes folder from your phone.
    • Using the Themes app, apply the new theme.
    • Restart the phone, in order to see all the new changes.
    And you’re done!

monim1, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ?

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ?

1. Why when I restart my computer I lose all my files ? - Similar Threads - Why restart computer

2. Why do I lose personalization every time I download updates or restart my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I lose personalization every time I download updates or restart my computer: All my personal settings are gone when I download updates or start my computer. This has been happening since Dec 2,2023 when Microsoft logged me off the internet because the system did not recognize me....
  3. Why Is My Computer Losing All Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Is My Computer Losing All Internet: Hello,I've got a mini PC running Windows 10, and it keeps losing internet connection. I'm connecting through WIFI, and none of my other devices have this issue. When it first boots up, everything works fine. After about 5 minutes however, the internet inexplicably cuts out....
  4. Why Is My Computer Losing All Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Is My Computer Losing All Internet: Hello,I've got a mini PC running Windows 10, and it keeps losing internet connection. I'm connecting through WIFI, and none of my other devices have this issue. When it first boots up, everything works fine. After about 5 minutes however, the internet inexplicably cuts out....
  5. Why Is My Computer Losing All Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Why do I lose all my settings and files everytime I restart my PC in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I lose all my settings and files everytime I restart my PC in Windows 10: I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 desktop with Windows 10 Version 1903 Build 18362.959. Every time I restart it I lose all my files, documents, and pictures and all my settings. My browser default was Firefox and it is reset to Edge. I had DropBox and it is gone. None of my...
  7. If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    If I delete a login from my computer will I lose my files?: I have 2 Microsoft logins on my computer if I delete one of them will I lose all of my files? What files will I lose, and will I lose some of my programs? Please respond back to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. Losing all computer files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Losing all computer files: Every time my computer turns off when I turn it back on I have no files -they have all been put into my user file. They have all disappeared off my desktop etc. This didn't start until I added Microsoft edge-and after the most recent Microsoft update What is happening?...
  9. Whenever my computer restarts, I lose recently made files, and all the add-ons/cookies to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whenever my computer restarts, I lose recently made files, and all the add-ons/cookies to...: This started since a recent update probably from earlier this year it's hard to remember because this year has been stressful enough as is. Whenever the computer restarts I lose a the last several days of data like games off Steam, but it only goes back a few days so not all...
  10. I lost all my files when my computer updated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost all my files when my computer updated: My computer forcefully updated with version KB4512508 (OS Build 18362.295) and when it restarted all my files, documents, pictures and videos were gone. I tried to retrieve them through the path : C:\Users\radda but found nothing. I ask if it is possible to retrieve my files...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whenever computer restarts all the files are gone

2. why would my windows computer lose my files and information