Windows 10: why when I start up I have to wait for AOL to start twice??

Discus and support why when I start up I have to wait for AOL to start twice?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why went I turn on my computer Aol has to start up twice before it comes on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JIMPICKUP, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JIMPICKUP Win User

why when I start up I have to wait for AOL to start twice??

Why went I turn on my computer Aol has to start up twice before it comes on

:)

JIMPICKUP, Sep 6, 2018
  2. zekrahminator Win User

AOL will soon be free.

That reminds me of the time I told AOL tech support exactly what was wrong with AOL 9.0 (to be precise, the processes that allowed AOL to run operated like malware, and automatically restarted themselves). They didn't speak for like five minutes, and then said "thanks for reporting the problem...until then, please run AOL Spyware Protection to eliminate pesky start up services" *Wtf :wtf:. Oh yeah and according to my Mom, the reasons to run AOL are:
    • Parental controls (useless and easily bypassable).
    • Easiest E-mail interface (I can't argue with an opinion).
    • Security (If they aren't unneccessary, they are easily replaced by better performing freeware).

zekrahminator, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Syed Abdul Jabbar Win User
    Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 6, 2018
  4. RaymondSaloomey Win User

System must start twice to run

Thanks for taking the time to try to help. The suggestion below to disable fast start up took care of having to start twice. I tried to run the procedure you recommended in the hope it would take care of the other start-up anomaly discussed below but it
    does not give me the option of Automatic Repair. Also, if I click on start-up repair, it wants me to choose between Win 7 and Ubuntu - nowhere is there a mention of Win 10. Any suggestions?

RaymondSaloomey, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. why when I start up I have to wait for AOL to start twice?? - Similar Threads - why start wait

2. How to fix startup errors. I have to re-boot twice before computer will start.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to fix startup errors. I have to re-boot twice before computer will start.: When starting the computer, I start as normal (power on) then have to wait until the windows logo appears, without activating windows. pressing the power button to shut the computer off, the on again. After this 2nd reboot, it then proceeds to come up. Can this be fixed...
  3. Why do I not have control over when Windows 10 starts a major update??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do I not have control over when Windows 10 starts a major update??: On my desktop computer, Windows 10 notified me of the feature updates. On my new HP laptop, however, I just discovered that the system is quietly upgrading itself in the background. My system is sluggish, I don't want the update to be going on right now- why isn't the system...
  4. Do I have to wait

Do I have to wait: Ok a quick question i upgraded to wi dows 10 from windows 8.1 i still have the windows.old file on my pc do i have to wait a month so i can see the option to go back to previous windows...
  5. Why do I have to wait for updates??

Why do I have to wait for updates??: So im in Windows 10 and i see a button. "Update and shutown". I click this deceptive button. I turn the computer on.... Guess what? It must spend the last of my battery installing update. Thanks . So it's really "shutdown, THEN update" does Microsoft have trouble with...
  6. Why do I have VMMS Checkpoint Errors at every start-up?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Why do I have VMMS Checkpoint Errors at every start-up?: On every startup I see 7 errors associated with the 7 checkpoints I have for the various VMs installed on my PC. I have shown one of the errors below. These happen even though I do not start any of the VMs during the boot process. I can open and run all my VMs normally so...
  7. How long do I have to wait?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How long do I have to wait?: We all know that windows 10 updates can take ( in some cases) a considerable length of time to complete. There was a recent update that seemed to breeze through in the normal way - then came the time of configuration - restart - and a further configuration. Screen showed...
  8. Stop having start menu open when I sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop having start menu open when I sign in: Periodically when I sign into my computer the startmenu will be open. I don't like this. I feel like I saw other people discussing this for some site. 68816
  9. Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render?: Why does my computer monitor turn off when i start up games or render videos on it? its never done it before until lately. ill just be playing a game on it like CSGO or H1Z1 and it just randomly turns off after a little bit. Please help. 67344
  10. How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I fix start up problem when fast start up is inabled: HI when I have fast start up checked windows hangs is there any thing I can do. I turn off fast start up and and it boots ok I am using a samsung ssd 850 pro any help would be much appreciated thanks 85561