Windows 10: Why when I try to repair my disk it say this? (Sorry for bad English)

Discus and support Why when I try to repair my disk it say this? (Sorry for bad English) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OVERWATCHLOVER50 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OVERWATCHLOVER50, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Why when I try to repair my disk it say this? (Sorry for bad English)

/u/OVERWATCHLOVER50, Feb 18, 2021

2. hard disk bad sector repair in Windows 10

Hi Mohqasim,

Before proceeding further, please answer few queries.

1. What is the make, and model of the Computer?

2. What is the complete error message/code you receive?

As per the description, I understand that there could be some bad sector in the hard disk.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the below steps to run the check disk, and check.

1. Press Windows + X, select Command prompt(Admin).

2. Type the following command, and hit Enter.

chkdsk /r/f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Please let us know if the issue got fixed or you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Feb 18, 2021
  3. repairing disk errors and Error status 0xc0000020

Hi Maria,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Why when I try to repair my disk it say this? (Sorry for bad English)

Windows 10 System Repair Disc Fails

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Why when I try to repair my disk it say this? (Sorry for bad English)

1. Why when I try to repair my disk it say this? (Sorry for bad English) - Similar Threads - Why try repair

2. When trying to sign in the screen says automatic repair and it won't repair

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    When trying to sign in the screen says automatic repair and it won't repair: When trying to sign in the screen says automatic repair, however it won't repair or sign in. I have tried all the options. It is a laptop and I'm a computer illiterate. Thanks...
  3. When trying to sign in the screen says automatic repair and it won't repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When trying to sign in the screen says automatic repair and it won't repair: When trying to sign in the screen says automatic repair, however it won't repair or sign in. I have tried all the options. It is a laptop and I'm a computer illiterate. Thanks...
  4. When trying to sign in the screen says automatic repair and it won't repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen when trying to repair c: disk drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when trying to repair c: disk drive: Hello I have been having a problem where when I try to fix my disk drive my screen goes black after a few hours. This happened when my power tripped and I restarted my pc, I had booted into windows just fine but it said there were some problems with my disk drive and I needed...
  6. Black screen when trying to repair c: disk drive

Black screen when trying to repair c: disk drive: Hello I have been having a problem where when I try to fix my disk drive my screen goes black after a few hours. This happened when my power tripped and I restarted my pc, I had booted into windows just fine but it said there were some problems with my disk drive and I needed...
  7. Black screen when trying to repair c: disk drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this"

in Cortana
    When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this": When I say "add an appointment" to Cortana, it says "sorry I can't help you with this" what should I do? Cortana has been permitted to access calendar....
  9. What do I do when I try to create a system repair disk?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What do I do when I try to create a system repair disk?: After I created a system backup on an external hard drive, I was asked if I wanted to create a system repair disk. When I tried to create the system repair disk, I got an error that there was no media on the disk. What am I doing wrong? Windows 10, 64 bit...
  10. Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors

Free software to repair hard disk bad sectors: Can some one advise the best free software to repair hard disk bad sectors. It should not be a trial version for repairing only one or few bad sectors. 50493