Windows 10: why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...

Discus and support why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns black and turns back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DeloNiles, Sep 9, 2021.

1. DeloNiles Win User

why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...

why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns black and turns back on

:)

DeloNiles, Sep 9, 2021

2. second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Sep 9, 2021
  3. Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Sep 9, 2021
  4. Swapna S Win User

why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns...

Second monitor turned black, worked before

Hi Hendrik,

I appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I will certainly help you with the issue you are experiencing with the display on second monitor.

This issue might be related to the Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Provide us the additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exact error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    Please follow below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

I suggest you to download and install the latest Intel HD Graphics 3000 drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if it helps.

Refer to the below link:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=HD+Graphics+3000

Please get back to us, if you are still experiencing with the display on second monitor.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Sep 9, 2021
Thema:

1. why when im gaming on my main monitor and i use my second monitor for something it turns... - Similar Threads - why gaming main

2. Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any stream on my second monitor stutters and freezes when gaming on my main monitor. Help?: PC Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X, and an AMD Ryzen 7900XT GPU, two LG Ultragear 165hz 1440p monitorsTo summarize, I like to watch youtube while I play something low effort like cookie clicker, or have some stellaris going on the side. Problem is, whenever I open a game, whatever...
  3. my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor: hello i just got second monitor main monitor is horisontally and secondary monitor is vertically i have problem when playing games on main monitor and interact on second one my game is closing and i have to open it again from main monitor i hope someone can help me thanks...
  4. my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor

my main monitor reacts when i click to second monitor: hello i just got second monitor main monitor is horisontally and secondary monitor is vertically i have problem when playing games on main monitor and interact on second one my game is closing and i have to open it again from main monitor i hope someone can help me thanks...
  5. Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?: I am using a new Alienware laptop using Windows 11 and whenever I connect an external display/monitor via the HDMI Port present at the back of the computer, both screens are recognized as the one that was just connected! Because I use this computer mainly for gaming, this is...
  6. Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?

Why is my second monitor overriding my main one?: I am using a new Alienware laptop using Windows 11 and whenever I connect an external display/monitor via the HDMI Port present at the back of the computer, both screens are recognized as the one that was just connected! Because I use this computer mainly for gaming, this is...
  7. Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.: I am trying to use a television screen as a second monitor but when I power it on my main monitor turns black then comes back on and all my windows and icon disappears as if it became the second monitor and the tv became the main monitor. I am guessing that everything shifted...
  8. Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.

Everything on my main monitor shifts to second monitor when powered on.: I am trying to use a television screen as a second monitor but when I power it on my main monitor turns black then comes back on and all my windows and icon disappears as if it became the second monitor and the tv became the main monitor. I am guessing that everything shifted...
  9. Turning second monitor in to main

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...
  10. Turning second monitor in to main

Turning second monitor in to main: Hi so i got a problem so my monitor from my laptop broke so i want to use a second monitor no problems there but then i factory reseted it for my litle brother and now ma screen is black i can't use the main screen cuz it was broken so now i'm stuk with a black screen what do...