Windows 10: Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there?

Discus and support Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Turned on my Dell laptop and it states unable to update. Undoing changes and stay there?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by James#69, Nov 3, 2020.

1. James#69 Win User

Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there?

Turned on my Dell laptop and it states unable to update. Undoing changes and stay there?

:)

James#69, Nov 3, 2020
  2. jkr88 Win User

Windows keep repeating the same "We couldn't complete the updates Undoing changes Don't turn off computer"

When I start-up, I get:

"Windows updating

Don't turn off computer"

After several minutes I get:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

Followed by:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off computer"

Followed by:

"Restarting"

I then turn off the computer, wait 30 seconds and turn back on. Everthing seem OK for several days; then it repeats the above. Any suggestions?

jkr88, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Window Update Undoing changes made to your computer issue

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, pleas reply with the details requested below:

• Do you receive any error message after Windows update?
    • May I know after which update do you see this message?
    • When you say, “this message appear about half and hour" does the computer boot to the desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

If the computer doesn’t boot to the Desktop, I would suggest you to refer the suggestions provided by DaveM121 replied on April 7, 2019 in the thread

'Undoing changes made to your computer' in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer to the Desktop, I would suggest you to run the

Windows Update Troubleshooter
    and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to reset Windows Update components. Kindly refer the article by Sumit on

How to:Reset Windows update components in Windows

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot problems updating Windows 10

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost. Also, the last step in the article
    talks about Clean installation, please do not perform a clean installation of Windows.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there?

Undoing changes made to your computer

Did a windows update and now when I turn it on it keeps saying "undoing changes made to your computer". Tried reinstalling windows with the media installing tool. Did not work...ant other suggestions???

AudreyOrtiz, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there?

1. Why when turn on system it stateswh that cannot update and undoing changes and it stays there? - Similar Threads - Why turn system

2. Update undoing changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update undoing changes: i already removed my anti-virus just to install this update. However, whenever I install it, undoing changes will occur. I dont have problem with the last months update but this time it wont install at all.I run troubleshooter already nothing works....
  3. Update undoing changes

Update undoing changes: I have Windows 11 and I want to install the 22H2 update. I have it on my settings but when the installation process ends it says undoing changes. I tried it multiple times before consulting but nothing works. I checked my PC specification, and it is good and should run the...
  4. Undoing changes in this update

Undoing changes in this update: 22H2 update is not installing successfully after restart it will says undoing changes. I need to finish this now and I want to do stuff on this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-in-this-update/2838c356-b454-4223-ae2b-f2c90b54ae58
  5. Cannot complete update/Undoing changes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot complete update/Undoing changes: After troubleshooting a problem with my HP Pavilion desktop running Windows 10, tech support told me that I had to reinstall the operating system; which I did by following the link provided to Microsoft and downloading the installation file. That solved my problem. However,...
  6. cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update to 1903 - windows undoing changes: rebuilt my laptop yesterday using Macrium the last build I had made was in January this year therefore need to update software and windows updates. System has updated to 1803 states there is an update for 1903 - download this system reboots - starts to install the update...
  7. Undo changes automatically when updating 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undo changes automatically when updating 1909: I am trying to update my Windows from 1903 to 1909 using the Windows 10 Update Wizard. The wizard finishes its work normally and reboots the system. After rebooting the system, the screen showed that the system is being updated, but when the process reached approximately 30%,...
  8. Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system.

Why do updates for W10 constantly undo changes I make to the system.: I installed the old games from Windows 7 but updates regularly wipe them and then they have to be installed again. Why can't M$ just leave the changes I make alone? Other things that I managed to uninstall come back. Why? Thankfully Linux allows me to set my computer up...
  9. Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes

Windows Cannot Update Undoing Changes: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/50db9741-008f-4667-9b76-2ad836874fa6
  10. WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES

WINDOWS CANNOT UPDATE UNDOING CHANGES: Every time I update it is showing windows cannot update undoing changes at 99% this is my error code (0x8024a105) please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-cannot-update-undoing-changes/6416894d-0801-4306-b28c-3adbb0a0f3f3