Windows 10: Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

Discus and support Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have File Explorer pinned to taskbar. When I open it, it doesn't show on the display although the taskbar shows that it's open. I tried cascading... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dbrower256, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

I have File Explorer pinned to taskbar. When I open it, it doesn't show on the display although the taskbar shows that it's open.

I tried cascading windows, show side by side, stack, by right clicking the taskbar. I tried maximizing from pinned icon. It still won't show.

:)

dbrower256, Jul 2, 2019
  2. Summer203 Win User

File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

logarajsivasamy, my "Show recently opened items..." (step 4) was already on. Although recent folders appear in Word, Excel etc in the taskbar, they don't appear in File Explorer.

Summer203, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

when i'm say hey cortana or using cortana it cortana appeard with a file explorer icon in taskbar what was that why cortana show file explorer icon in taskbar

markiplierrishi, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

Cortana shows File Explorer Icon in Taskbar

when i'm say hey cortana or using cortana it cortana appeard with a file explorer icon in taskbar what was that why cortana show file explorer icon in taskbar

Muhammad Rehan Paracha, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar?

1. Why will File Explorer not show on display but show on taskbar? - Similar Threads - Why File Explorer

2. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  3. file explorer shows as open but nothing shows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer shows as open but nothing shows: Hi! Yesterday my file explorer on windows 11 suddenly stopped working. It shows as open with the little line under the icon on the process bar. Although it shows as open, nothing shows up on screen. When I quit the process in the task manager nothing happens. I ran the sfc...
  4. Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are photo thumbnails not showing in Win11 File Explorer: I am gradually getting all my files transferred from my old HP850 Win7 laptop to new HPSpectre16 Win 11 laptop.I know that I have duplicate photo files and folders and was going to start sorting these this weekend.However, in File Explorer, for some unknown reason, when I...
  5. Files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not showing in file explorer: I first noticed the problem while trying to transfer files from a new tablet onto my laptop via USB. I could see the folders and open the folders, but none of the files showed up. I couldn't find helpful info on how to solve that, so I saved the files to my Google Drive and...
  6. Files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not showing in file explorer: I first noticed the problem while trying to transfer files from a new tablet onto my laptop via USB. I could see the folders and open the folders, but none of the files showed up. I couldn't find helpful info on how to solve that, so I saved the files to my Google Drive and...
  7. Files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. File Explorer Not Showing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Not Showing Files: Okay, so first, a while ago, I was using my PC, and I tried to go into my Downloads folder. It started loading, but it never actually loaded. Restart, everything's fine. Did that a few more times, until today. Now, when I open File Explorer, it shows this: [ATTACH] And the...
  9. OneDrive doesn't show in File Explorer or on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive doesn't show in File Explorer or on the taskbar: I've just started trying to use OneDrive and have a problem. Windows 10 version 1909 updated. I have read a lot of info on this forum and find that I am supposed to find access to OneDrive in File Explorer or on the Taskbar. Well, it doesn't show up on either. The only way...
  10. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer keeps goingv to task bar and wont open

2. file explorer wont show on taskbar or in search win10

3. windows explorer only showing on taskbar

4. file explorer disappeared from taskbar