Windows 10: Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

Discus and support Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Charles Smith Charles1, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

:)

Charles Smith Charles1, Jun 11, 2021
  2. trikeyz Win User

Windows account cant access Office 365 Family license

My husband recently renewed his Office 365 and shared the license with me (as he had done previously). Since this renewal, i am unable to use the Office license if i log into windows under the same MS account as i use for Office 365.

• my MS account shows that the license is shared with me.
    • if i log into windows under another (local) account, i can use the Office 365 shared license (I log into office 365 using the MS account)
    • if i log into windows under the MS account, then log into Office 365 under that same MS account, it says i am not licensed to use Office 365.
    After a 3 hour chat session with MS, it was concluded that i will need to log into windows under a different account if i want to use the MS Office license. During that 3-hour session (and before) we uninstalled/reinstalled office, and deleted numerous license
    keys, to no avail. The tech decided that my windows account must be corrupted, and since he was an Office tech (not a Windows tech), he didnt know how that could be fixed, other than to use separate accounts for Windows and Office.

I can live with having 2 different accounts (1 for windows and 1 for office) but this seems like a dumb solution, especially when it used to work fine until this recent renewal.

Any insight welcome.

T

trikeyz, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Office 365 Home and Personal Licensing and Activation Improvements

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...on/ba-p/788745

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

Office 365 Home and Personal Licensing and Activation Improvements Office

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...on/ba-p/788745

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation - Similar Threads - Why laptop let

2. My account has been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My account has been hacked: I'm unable to recover the account as the secondary email account im unable to log in to. I've been unable to resolve this issue over the last 36 hours. The hacker is talking to my friends. He would also have access to id after I needed to do security for work. Can this be...
  3. It will not let me log in my account

It will not let me log in my account: Momony7220 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-will-not-let-me-log-in-my-account/dc7cae5f-d77e-4b9a-b8f9-f989c5f82550
  4. My account has been locked

My account has been locked: Hello Everyone, This is Sagnik I think that my account had been hacked and now, it has been locked. This is the account which I use for various activities since I am a student. All files and folders of mine are there. I cannot report any loss of files at the moment. My...
  5. my account has been locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my account has been locked: I need help because my account is locked and I did nothing wrong! Please help I have no phone number to verify it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-account-has-been-locked/65d31fea-0038-4698-9fb8-b6f46062228c
  6. My laptop given to me by my school has crashed on the welcome screen as I was logging in. help.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop given to me by my school has crashed on the welcome screen as I was logging in. help.: As my laptop was plugged in charging, I first turned it on and signed in and everything was normal until I got a pop-up screen saying that my Windows license was going to expire soon. After that, I shut it down and turned it on again and signed with my credentials and now the...
  7. Why wont my laptop let me reset it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why wont my laptop let me reset it?: I tried resetting my pc because a game wouldnt open. I went to the power and clicked reset, and nothing happened. I then try to update my drivers. They are all updated. What is wrong? submitted by /u/YE_SPILLED_ME_TEA [link] [comments]...
  8. My account has been wiped

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My account has been wiped: Hi, i wanted to ask if there is any chance to contact support from microsoft store because in Sea of thieves my character and all progress has gone. Have you seen similar cases and know how to fix it...
  9. Has my account been hacked?

Has my account been hacked?: Hello, I deleted all my emails via "delete all" in the junk mail and these all reappeared in my in folder. I then deleted them again and they again reappeared in the In Folder. I think my FB account had been recently hacked and my email address was available there. Is this...
  10. Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 will not let me sign in to my account to access my computer: Bought a Dell in August with Windows 10 installed on it. Suddenly in November when I booted up my computer instead of letting me sign in I got a box with the following message: We can't sign into your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account...