Windows 10: Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

Discus and support Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Charles Smith Charles1, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

:)

Charles Smith Charles1, Jun 11, 2021
  2. trikeyz Win User

Windows account cant access Office 365 Family license

My husband recently renewed his Office 365 and shared the license with me (as he had done previously). Since this renewal, i am unable to use the Office license if i log into windows under the same MS account as i use for Office 365.

• my MS account shows that the license is shared with me.
    • if i log into windows under another (local) account, i can use the Office 365 shared license (I log into office 365 using the MS account)
    • if i log into windows under the MS account, then log into Office 365 under that same MS account, it says i am not licensed to use Office 365.
    After a 3 hour chat session with MS, it was concluded that i will need to log into windows under a different account if i want to use the MS Office license. During that 3-hour session (and before) we uninstalled/reinstalled office, and deleted numerous license
    keys, to no avail. The tech decided that my windows account must be corrupted, and since he was an Office tech (not a Windows tech), he didnt know how that could be fixed, other than to use separate accounts for Windows and Office.

I can live with having 2 different accounts (1 for windows and 1 for office) but this seems like a dumb solution, especially when it used to work fine until this recent renewal.

Any insight welcome.

T

trikeyz, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Office 365 Home and Personal Licensing and Activation Improvements

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...on/ba-p/788745

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation

Office 365 Home and Personal Licensing and Activation Improvements Office

Source: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/...on/ba-p/788745

Brink, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Why will my laptop not let me access my 365 account when my license has been given activation - Similar Threads - Why laptop let

2. Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?: Hi, recently my microsoft account has been hacked. I contact with support they took all information still they are not helping. Not even confirmed that they are taking action. On the other hand the hacker is frequestly using my account. I can no longer access them as he...
  3. Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why microsoft is not let me recover my account?: Hi, recently my microsoft account has been hacked. I contact with support they took all information still they are not helping. Not even confirmed that they are taking action. On the other hand the hacker is frequestly using my account. I can no longer access them as he...
  4. Why won't my account let me switch?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  5. Why won't my account let me switch?

Why won't my account let me switch?: When I try to change my account settings to log into my main account by pressing the sign in with a microsoft account instead button, the window only flashes for a split second before closing, right now i'm stuck in a temporary account and it's super annoying, please help....
  6. My laptop will not let me on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop will not let me on: My laptop keeps asking me for a bitlocker key. I enter it and it does nothing. I cannot access my laptop. It says it is diagnosing my PC and will not do automatic repair. Help?...
  7. My laptop will not let me on

My laptop will not let me on: My laptop keeps asking me for a bitlocker key. I enter it and it does nothing. I cannot access my laptop. It says it is diagnosing my PC and will not do automatic repair. Help?...
  8. My Laptop has stopped letting me access the Internet and my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop has stopped letting me access the Internet and my account: Yesterday my laptop was working perfectly but after a Windows update it wouldn't let me access my account with the password or pin. It would work on another account but when I tried to access the Internet it said the ip couldn't be reached. Additionaly I couldn't reset it...
  9. My Laptop has stopped letting me access the Internet and my account

My Laptop has stopped letting me access the Internet and my account: Yesterday my laptop was working perfectly but after a Windows update it wouldn't let me access my account with the password or pin. It would work on another account but when I tried to access the Internet it said the ip couldn't be reached. Additionaly I couldn't reset it...
  10. My Laptop has stopped letting me access the Internet and my account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging