Windows 10: Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

Discus and support Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was in the middle of a game when my computer visuals switched to the night light. I rarely ever use it and do not have it set to automatically turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HaganMNT, Oct 15, 2021.

1. HaganMNT Win User

Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

I was in the middle of a game when my computer visuals switched to the night light. I rarely ever use it and do not have it set to automatically turn on. Nothing I have tried has succeeded in turning it off.

:)

HaganMNT, Oct 15, 2021
  2. rtlee Win User

Cannot stop Night Light from turning on despite settings

Hi - My Windows 10 Acer laptop insists on turning on Night Light during certain evening hours. On my Night Light settings I have "Schedule" set to OFF. However in the evening my screen is obviously missing blue (even confirmed this with a calibration meter). If I go to the tile and turn off Night Light, the screen brightness and I can see it turned it off, and then a few seconds later the Night Light turns right back on! I have repeated this many times and it only turns off for a few seconds - if in these evening hours. Even if I click the Turn On/Off Now button in the settings, it will turn off and then a few seconds later turn right back on.

The only way so far I have been able to get it to go off in the evening hours is to change my system time so that the computer thinks it is daytime. Then the Night Light turns off on its own and stays off. For instance at 10pm I tell it to manually let me change the time and set it to 12pm and then the night light goes off and stays off. Until the "evening" hours come along and it turns right back on.

I am really confused as to where it is getting this bedtime schedule from, and why it insists on following the schedule. Perhaps there are settings other than the Windows settings or perhaps there is some other app installed that is doing this? It is one of my kids laptops that I took over, so maybe the installed some program. I do know that Windows pesters me with messages like "Time to get to bed" and "You only have 5 hours before you have to wake up" type of messages. Can someone please let me know how to turn those off too?

In case it matters this is an Acer laptop with an Intel HD Graphics 4600 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M internal cards. I checked through the Nvidia Experience app and there are no settings related to sleep or night light.

Thank you!

rtlee, Oct 15, 2021
  3. wizwilzo Win User
    Night light won't turn off.

Hello,

Ever since I turned my night light on around two months ago, the night light for my thinkpad computer turns off randomly. When I go to the settings and hit "turn off night light" nothing changes. It hurts my eyes during the daytime and I really don't know
    how to turn it off.

Thanks

wizwilzo, Oct 15, 2021
  4. Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

Night Light won't turn off

I'm not the sharpest pencil in the group, and you will see why I say that. Recently I had Night Light for my laptop, and it worked well. Then I started working at night, and needed the screen to be normal again. I tried everything to turn it off to no
    avail. I tried Display, turn off Night Light, restarting the computer, going into Regedit deleting subkey settings for the blue light, then I tried uninstalling the drivers. None of those worked. Then I realized after weeks of trying to figure it out, my
    computer had an app called F.Lux, and that is what I turned on months ago, and I forgot about it. I found F.Lux, and disabled it, PC has been running fine since. Just a suggestion, maybe some app was turned on and forgotten?

JHCf10rida, Oct 15, 2021
Thema:

Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

1. Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off? - Similar Threads - Why night light

2. Night Light wont turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light wont turn off: I recently had my laptop repaired but for whatever reason now night light wont turn off, ive tried deleting the settings from the registry editor but they keep returning after i restart the computer, ive also tried redownloading my drivers and have even tried resetting my...
  3. Night Light won't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Night Light won't turn off: My Night Light setting is turned off, no schedule no nothing. I have updated drivers, restarted the computer, re-installed drivers, deleted Night Light files but nothing helps. If I go to my display settings my night light will turn off and the screen will look normal, but...
  4. Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?: I was in the middle of a game when my computer visuals switched to the night light. I rarely ever use it and do not have it set to automatically turn on. Nothing I have tried has succeeded in turning it off....
  5. Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why will my night light not turn off despite my going into the settings and turning it off?: I was in the middle of a game when my computer visuals switched to the night light. I rarely ever use it and do not have it set to automatically turn on. Nothing I have tried has succeeded in turning it off....
  6. Night Light not turning off

Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  7. Night Light settings won't turn off.

Night Light settings won't turn off.: I'm having a bit of a backwards issue myself. Night light isn't doing anything to my light level. Its turned off. However, I cannot disable night light all-together. I picked up f.lux as i hear its a lot nicer and doesn't have this issue. I do not want the system's night...
  8. Night Light Turning Off

Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  9. Night Light won't turn off

Night Light won't turn off: I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language Ver 1909. I turned on Night Light mode on once, and since then i can never disable it. The on/off switch on Night Light doesn't do anything. After restarting my laptop turned back to normal but after 15-20mins it automatically back to...
  10. Night light won't turn off

Night light won't turn off: So after the 1903 update, I have been having issues with the night light. It has been set to a schedule, which kinda helps, but once it activates I can't turn it off. A simple restart use to work until a couple of weeks ago, now that doesn't even work. Turning it off in...