Windows 10: why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

Discus and support why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PerryNNewton, Feb 1, 2020.

1. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

Why is Microsoft updates team so stupid, lazy, corrupt, or ignorant that they cannot check before an update what that computer network advanced sharing settings are and then return them correctly after an update?

This farce has been going on for over two years, and they completely ruin any functionality of sharing computers on a peer-to-peer network in an office.

If Microsoft leaders and managers cannot fix this ongoing nightmare issue - I am dumping all Microsoft products, and going to Lixux.

:)

PerryNNewton, Feb 1, 2020

2. Network Sharing

Is File & Printer Sharing enabled?

Have you followed all the steps in the following article?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/connect-netowr...

Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status

Scroll to the bottom

Click Network and Sharing Center

Click Change advanced sharing settings

Expand All Networks

Under Password protected sharing

Switch between 'Turn on password protected sharing and Turn off password protected sharing'

Then choose 'Turn off password protected sharing'

Then click 'Save changes'

Andre Da Costa, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Turn on password protected sharing over Network sharing.

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. We recommend you to follow the steps mentioned below to turn on password protected sharing over a network.

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Click on Network and Sharing Center.

3. Click on Change advanced sharing settings on the left pane.

4. Expand All Networks profile.

5. Check the radio button behind Turn on password protected sharing.

6. Click on Save changes.

We also recommend you to refer
    Files Sharing over a network in Windows 10
    for more detailed information.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Feb 1, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

Cannot turn off the password protected sharing. The option for password protected sharing is not there

Hi Ankit,

Is this the exact process/steps you are using?

Open Control Panel

Go to Network and Sharing Center

Select Change advanced sharing settings in the left pane

Expand the network you want to disable password protected sharing on by clicking the down arrow on the right of the profile

Select 'Turn off password protected sharing' and then click Save changes.

DaveM121, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so...

1. why will network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings not save Turn on sharing so... - Similar Threads - why network Sharing

2. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  3. File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Share setting will not save on Manage Advanced Sharing Settings: I experienced this problem after I can only assume an update to windows 11 features or a security update. Cannot nail down what caused it.Every time I clicked the save button after selecting the [turn on file and printer sharing] and then returned to look at the setting it...
  4. Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings: 8.8.2021Hello,SInce hte last two updates I am having problems connect PC1 with PC2 dispite the Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Centre\Advanced sharing settings are correct and the individuals disk have schareable directories. Sometime it funktion then...
  5. Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network

Unable to save changes in Configure advance sharing settings for network: After the latest updates of March-20, I can not save the changes for Turning Off the Password protected sharing to share with my workgroup connected PCs...
  6. Network and Sharing center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network and Sharing center: Hi I am not able to open Network and Sharing center, when I click on Network and Sharing center from control panel, control panel freezes. I am stuck with an hour glass, cannot close control panel when clicking on the X, cannot open any other programs in control panel when...
  7. Windows Advanced Sharing Center

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Advanced Sharing Center: I am having this problem with the File and Printer Sharing option in the Advanced Sharing Settings when imaging new PCs. Sometimes, the PC images correctly and has the File and Printer Sharing option enabled, where other times this setting is disabled. This happens randomly...
  8. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...
  9. Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working

Advanced Network and Sharing Settings changes not working: I have a PC which was upgraded from Windows 8.1 (no, clean install is not an option on this machine) So the problem is that any changes I make in the Advanced Sharing Settings in Network and Sharing Centre are getting changed but their effects are not taking place. For...
  10. Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing

Advanced Shared Settings won't turn "off" password protected sharing: I'm trying to set up homegroup networking with other household computers. My new HP/Windows 10 is asking for a password. When I go to control panel, network & internet, network & sharing center, advanced sharing settings, all networks and select "turn off password protected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. advanced sharing settings network share not getting saved

2. windows 7 advanced sharing settings not saving