Windows 10: Why will videos from this software not play at all

Discus and support Why will videos from this software not play at all in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I clip games with geforce experience, the clips will not play they give me an error code when I try, I even tried converting it to mp4, mov, etc. Will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by vinny losacano, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Why will videos from this software not play at all

I clip games with geforce experience, the clips will not play they give me an error code when I try, I even tried converting it to mp4, mov, etc. Will not work. It only works in VLC media player and from there I cant edit or trim the clips whatsoever.

:)

vinny losacano, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Wont play video files

Hello Connor,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Where did you obtain the said editing software?
    • What is the file extension of the videos you were trying to play?
    • What application were you using to play these video files?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Mar 18, 2023
  4. Why will videos from this software not play at all

Videos won't play- "This item is in a format we don't support. Oxc1010103"

Hi,

To assist you better, please answer the following questions:

• Which is the media player you are trying to play the video?
    • What is the format of the video file you are trying to play?
    I suggest you to run the video in the Windows media player
    and check.

If the issue still persist, you may check for any pending updates and install it, then check if you can play the video. To check for the update and install the updates, please follow the below steps:

• Go to Start menu, and type Windows updates and press Enter.
    • Click on Check for updates, Windows will check for any pending updates and shows on the screen after this. Select install to install the updates.

Hope you could play the video.

Get back to us for further queries, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Why will videos from this software not play at all

1. Why will videos from this software not play at all - Similar Threads - Why videos software

2. Why will videos from this software not play at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why will videos from this software not play at all: I clip games with geforce experience, the clips will not play they give me an error code when I try, I even tried converting it to mp4, mov, etc. Will not work. It only works in VLC media player and from there I cant edit or trim the clips whatsoever....
  3. Why will videos from this software not play at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will videos from this software not play at all: I clip games with geforce experience, the clips will not play they give me an error code when I try, I even tried converting it to mp4, mov, etc. Will not work. It only works in VLC media player and from there I cant edit or trim the clips whatsoever....
  4. White filter on all videos played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White filter on all videos played: When playing any local videos using Windows Media Player or Windows 10 movies and TV, there appears to be a white filter on top of any video played. This is a screenshot from windows 10 videos and TV app.This is a screenshot from Windows Media Player app.However, this won't...
  5. White filter on all videos played

White filter on all videos played: When playing any local videos using Windows Media Player or Windows 10 movies and TV, there appears to be a white filter on top of any video played. This is a screenshot from windows 10 videos and TV app.This is a screenshot from Windows Media Player app.However, this won't...
  6. Why won't videos from MSN play?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why won't videos from MSN play?: Why won't videos from MSN play? They start to play, then stop and sit there indefinitely "loading" with the arrow wheel spinning. I use Win10 firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-videos-from-msn-play/3c51bc6c-f8c9-46c1-9b62-adde3cc0181f
  7. Why won't videos from MSN play?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't videos from MSN play?: Why won't videos from MSN play? They start to play, then stop and sit there indefinitely "loading" with the arrow wheel spinning. I use Win10 firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-videos-from-msn-play/3c51bc6c-f8c9-46c1-9b62-adde3cc0181f
  8. Why won't videos from MSN play?

9. all video plays in a zoomed in mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all video plays in a zoomed in mode: all video plays in a zoomed in mode how to back to normal in video mode I need your response asap not paasa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-video-plays-in-a-zoomed-in-mode/50af1c96-eb2d-441b-b729-fe9c7f487aee
  10. Not all Videos Play on Facebook

in Browsers and Email
    Not all Videos Play on Facebook: Upgraded a Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10, now many videos do not play. The screen is green but the sound plays. Any suggestions? It seems to be on Facebook only. 15093