Windows 10: Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam?

Discus and support Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i try to use my Windows Camera app, i get the error code "0xA00F4244". The camera won't show up in Device Manager so I can't check the drivers.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by F3Ar x Dragons, May 5, 2019.

1. Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam?

When i try to use my Windows Camera app, i get the error code "0xA00F4244". The camera won't show up in Device Manager so I can't check the drivers. Windows 10 troubleshooting apps won't find any problems but the webcam still won't work. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

F3Ar x Dragons, May 5, 2019
  2. TobiaF Win User

Windows 10 doesn't detect my built-in webcam

So, I installed Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and I've been unable to use my webcam ever since. I've taken a look at my device manager, but the webcam (it's a BisonCam NB Pro, by the way) isn't listed. I've even tried showing hidden devices, but there's
    no webcam detected. There aren't "other devices" listed either. I've tried downloading the drivers for that model, but they too are unable to fine my built-in webcam. Any suggestions?

TobiaF, May 5, 2019
  3. In-built webcam not detected.

Well,

me (Acer notebook user) and apparently the dell users as well ( Solved: Integrated Webcam Not working after windows 10 move - Dell Community ) are not able to get our built-in webcams running. We contact our brand supports and they tell us the same thing, update drivers,
    uninstall the current ones and and install again or update the bios. NOTHING works.

The webcam appeared as hidden, with the message "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer (code 45) to fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer".

Me and others have uninstalled the drivers as our support and your suggestion requests, but after restarting, the webcam is completely gone. It does not appear anyware, not even as a hidden device.

So my question is, as a reasonable person, if the webcam is apparently not connected, it means the computer does not detect any electric flow between webcam and motherboard.
    The universal issue here appears to be: How can we force the flow of current between camera and motherboard?

IF it was external, it is easy, just unplug and plug in again. But, since it is a built in webcam, we cant really open our laptops ( at least it isn`t a reasonable option eventhough I could and I am sure some other as well)

P.S. It is not a drivers issue because the drivers on my notebook were up to date, and those of the people at the dell forum as well.

I would definitely appreciate a good answer

AndreasGonzález Friedrich, May 5, 2019
  4. Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam?

Webcam not being detected

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop which is running Windows 10.

Starting a few days ago, the built-in webcam that comes with the laptop stopped working completely. Programs like Skype, TestWebCam, and others fail to detect the webcam.

Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam? DY6aP.png

I have tried all the steps from Dell's official troubleshooting guide:

1. Updating drivers for the Integrated Webcam in Device Manager gave the
      message "The best drivers for your device are already installed."
    2. Uninstalling the drivers for the Integrated Webcam.
    3. Updating to the latest BIOS A12 had no effect.
    4. Updating to the latest Chipset 16.400.3601 also had no effect.
    5. Dell's PC Diagnostics more than 1 hour scan didn't find any webcam related issues.
    6. Access to the camera is enabled in Windows 10's privacy settings.

Nathan Avery, May 5, 2019
Thema:

Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam?

1. Why will Windows not detect my built-in webcam? - Similar Threads - Why detect built

2. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  3. Built-in Webcam Not Detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Webcam Not Detected: I need immediate assistance.My built-in webcam suddenly is not being detected by my laptop. I'm using MSI Modern 14 C11M.I have tried all troubleshooting options I could find but NOTHING worked.The error messages are:Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the...
  4. my built in webcam is not working!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my built in webcam is not working!!!: i recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and my in built webcam is not working i have tried finding some drivers but the drivers do not work! please help me fix this....
  5. built in webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    built in webcam: i have a laptop and my built in webcam has stopped working . i can see them but they cant see me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/7d4fff1a-4c6e-4ad5-95d7-262cce5b1a1d
  6. My system won't detect my built-in webcam

My system won't detect my built-in webcam: "My system won't detect my built-in webcam My laptop has a built in webcam, but I can't access the settings to it, I cannot enable it or anything. Skype is tellng me that I have no webcam. My webcam isn't showing up in the Device Manager. However, in Settings -> Camera I...
  7. System won't detect the built-in webcam

System won't detect the built-in webcam: My laptop has a built in webcam, I didn't use it until now. But my system won't detect it and there is no driver for it in the Device Manager. I tried Scan for hardware changes, but I got nothing. Also I tried everything in this link:...
  8. No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected

No Built-In Laptop Webcam Detected: Hi. I have been encountering problems with my Lenovo G40-70 laptop webcam after installing Windows 10 1903 on it. The webcam's driver and the section Imaging devices are missing in Device Manager, but however, I notice the Unknown USB Device (Device Descript Request Failed)...
  9. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74
  10. built in webcam

built in webcam: I need to install my laptop camera, the icon has vanished. I uninstalled the programme as there were two apps operating and the camera would not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/built-in-webcam/e0d742de-7d80-434d-a164-dd5530fceb74

Users found this page by searching for:

1. zedhora is not detecting my webcam

2. built in camera wont work after disconnecting external usb camera