Windows 10: Why Win 10 Plays Old Games Well

Discus and support Why Win 10 Plays Old Games Well in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had a "Games" folder in XP that I transferred by flash drive to 7. Some of the games played poorly or not at all. I later transferred it to 8, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vince Massi, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Why Win 10 Plays Old Games Well

I had a "Games" folder in XP that I transferred by flash drive to 7. Some of the games played poorly or not at all. I later transferred it to 8, and it was even worse. But when I upgraded to 10, most of the games started playing well,

When upgrading, 10 installs software that SOMETIMES helps these games run on 10.

And, go to Control Panel--Programs and Features--Turn Windows Features On or Off--Select "Legacy Components" and check it, as well as "Direct Play" underneath it. MAYBE it will help you play old games.

:)

Vince Massi, Apr 14, 2016

2. a win 10 DOS emulater

Why won't Microsoft, the evil empire, support older games for windows 10?? People paid big $$ for games that Win 10 won't play. Why?? Is it $$. How much $$ does Bill Gates really need? I think it's horrible Microsoft doesn't provide an emulater
    that is easy to load and allows old DOS games to be played on Win 10. I mean Microsoft has all the supposed geniuses working for them?? Right?

Jeffrey Hansen, Apr 14, 2016
  3. Cant play old microsoft games any more.....

Hej Microsoft

Pleaseeeee.

Be aware, a lot of people play your old games.

WIN 7, 8 updates and now Win 10, nobody can play the games anymore.

Special AOX Age of XX al the games cant be played.

Look at the internet, thousend and thousends cant play the old games any more.

That dosent seems right, Microsoft should be be proud of, that some of there old games are so valuable.

So please make an update for win 10, og informe how to work around.

Regards Jan Jansen

Jan Jansen_571, Apr 14, 2016
  4. slyphnier Win User

Why Win 10 Plays Old Games Well

you are joking right ?
    anyway what u wrote is opposite to my experience
    there few games that playing just fine in win7... but not in win10
    especially those with SafeDisc/SecuROM DRM as win10 no longer support it

slyphnier, Apr 15, 2016
  5. I'm cold serious, Sly. Notice that I used the words "most," "SOMETIMES," and "Maybe." These are all XP games, by the way. Some of them won't play in 10, and some play poorly, whereas they wouldn't play at all in 7 or 8.

Vince Massi, Apr 15, 2016
  6. I have had little problem getting some old stuff to run in Win10, including RRT2, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Vietcong, Links 2003 . . .
    -mostly using compatibility settings. Win10 runs emulator games fine too.

DaveGrant01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why Win 10 Plays Old Games Well

1. Why Win 10 Plays Old Games Well - Similar Threads - Why Plays Old

2. Why is it difficult to play games on Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is it difficult to play games on Win 11?: So tell me, why has Microsoft made it so difficult to play slightly older game titles on Windows 11? Do you actually want people to migrate to Steam OS?...
  3. Why is it difficult to play games on Win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is it difficult to play games on Win 11?: So tell me, why has Microsoft made it so difficult to play slightly older game titles on Windows 11? Do you actually want people to migrate to Steam OS?...
  4. Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?: Please undo whatever was changed in the last Windows update.All my favourite games are ruined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-win11-forcing-old-games-to-play-in-640x480/40f0e3a1-7935-4a87-be74-87504b87bb07
  5. Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Win11 forcing old games to play in 640x480 resolution?: Please undo whatever was changed in the last Windows update.All my favourite games are ruined. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-win11-forcing-old-games-to-play-in-640x480/40f0e3a1-7935-4a87-be74-87504b87bb07
  6. Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!: I tried Crysis 3 in both win 10 and win 8.1 . In 8.1 the game run much better 170 FPS but in win 10 stock at 64 for some reason. View Poll submitted by /u/Medium_Web6083 [link] [comments]...
  7. Play an old Game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Play an old Game: Cheers guys, I'm trying to play Unreal Tournament in my new release of Windows 10, but I can't. The This is my old favorite window xp game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-an-old-game/7fe6ad08-9df3-46d4-afb6-21984837f2d6
  8. Cant play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play old games: Hey my windows 10 cant play some old games command and conquer Tiberian Sun and command and conquer Red alert 2 it says one or more dlls are missing please reinstall and i have...
  9. Playing Old Dos Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playing Old Dos Games: I have an Old Dos Game that I was able to find in bin format and was trying to figure out how to play it on Windows 10. I was trying to figure out DosBox but maybe it's just me but it's too complicated. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks 36500
  10. How to play OLD games..?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to play OLD games..?: We purchased many CD based games for our first child (Spy Fox, Putt-Putt, Pajama Sam, etc). These games have great re-play value, and now our third child wants to play them on her Win10 Dell 2-in-1. However, they all say they are 16-bit games and can't be played. Is there...