Windows 10: Why windows 10 dont update older pcs or cpu or motherboards or hdd

Discus and support Why windows 10 dont update older pcs or cpu or motherboards or hdd in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Titleee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-10-dont-update-older-pcs-or-cpu-or/cbf9ae51-8e66-4840-abb7-a89fbe2d3e2c Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sanyijani, Jun 24, 2021.

1. sanyijani Win User

Why windows 10 dont update older pcs or cpu or motherboards or hdd

Titleee

:)

sanyijani, Jun 24, 2021
  2. AllanSosa Win User

Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

Hello, i am having issues installing windows 10 on my PC. I got a new motherboard a ASrock b250m performance and i kept my same CPU a i3-6100 3.7 eith TDP 51. My HDD is Sata 7200rpm. My ram is a corsair vengeance 16 2x8gb DDR4 2400mghz. I run my windows
    10 media tool off my usb und use UEFI boot and everytime i run it i get several errora. Sometimes its system exception, sometimes irql errors and sometimes its Memory error. I so lost here now. Any help would be appreciated. I want to note i order new ram
    from crucial a 8gb 2133mghz c13 based off my motherboard compatabilty list on the asrock website.

550 watt corsair psu nzxt h510b case and a coolmaster212evo.

AllanSosa, Jun 24, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Why windows 10 dont update older pcs or cpu or motherboards or hdd

Windows 10 and upgrading motherboard

Hi,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    Let us follow the steps suggested by Andre Da Costa (replied
    on July 26, 2015) in the following thread:

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Will Upgrading Motherboard After Upgrading To Windows 10 Make Me Lose My Windows License?

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Why windows 10 dont update older pcs or cpu or motherboards or hdd

1. Why windows 10 dont update older pcs or cpu or motherboards or hdd - Similar Threads - Why dont update

2. Dont have windows after updating bios on Msi motherboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dont have windows after updating bios on Msi motherboard.: Hello. i just updated my bios and now that i am logged in it says that i dont have windows. I updated my bios like 2 months ago and i was saying the same thing but i clicked on troubleshooting and i changed my hardwarei upgraded my ram and it worked but now it says it unable...
  3. Trying to open Windows from an old HDD to a new Motherboard and CPU

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trying to open Windows from an old HDD to a new Motherboard and CPU: Hello, I decided to upgrade certain parts of the PC I built. I bought a new motherboard Gigabyte B460M DS3H, new CPU Intel core i5 10100, and new RAM to upgrade the older parts. I've put everything together, and I cannot get past the BIOS setup. I am not trying to buy...
  4. Windows Issue or Motherboard or CPU

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Issue or Motherboard or CPU: I recently built a Ryzen 5600x with a Gigabyte B550 motherboard. I did a clean install of windows on the nvme. This worked great for 5 days. I installed all the appropriate drivers including chipset. Then today the the keyboard would randomly stop working or type repeated...
  5. Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install Windows 10 on a new motherboard with the same CPU and HDD: Hello, i am having issues installing windows 10 on my PC. I got a new motherboard a ASrock b250m performance and i kept my same CPU a i3-6100 3.7 eith TDP 51. My HDD is Sata 7200rpm. My ram is a corsair vengeance 16 2x8gb DDR4 2400mghz. I run my windows 10 media tool off my...
  6. Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu

Windows 10 installing new motherboard/cpu: Can I use the same windows install on my hard drive with a new mother board and cpu? The license key wont be an issue. Do I need a fresh windows install? Thanks!...
  7. Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU

Windows 10 Activation, New motherboard and CPU: Hello, I just upgraded my computer with a new motherboard and CPU. I installed a clean copy of windows 10 pro from a USB and skipped inputting a product key/activation code because I do not have one. Before the change, I linked my copy of windows 10 pro to this microsoft...
  8. Upgrading motherboard and CPU windows 10

Upgrading motherboard and CPU windows 10: I have installed Windows Ten on older PC with both new and used drives, all is well but I want to upgrade the motherboard , CPU and RAM and don't want to loose my OEM license...
  9. Replacing motherboard and CPU with Windows 10

Replacing motherboard and CPU with Windows 10: There appear to be many dozens of articles and posts on the subject of replacing hardware in systems running Windows 10, but none of them (none of the dozens I have read at least) appear to offer a definitive answer or clear direction. At best the responses I have found...
  10. Windows 10 CPU/Motherboard upgrade

Windows 10 CPU/Motherboard upgrade: I am planning to upgrade my CPU and Motherboard + RAM type ddr3 > ddr4. i have linked my digital license to my Microsoft account. I'm wondering if my PC will boot into Windows and if there is any additional activation or re-installation i must do....