Windows 10: Why Windows 10 duplicates my pictures to so many many copies???

Discus and support Why Windows 10 duplicates my pictures to so many many copies??? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Suddenly I got warned that my Outlook is outdated, is not able to be updated, error all over the place, fonts size jump to 200%, windows close by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SURYADEWI, Aug 28, 2019.

1. SURYADEWI Win User

Why Windows 10 duplicates my pictures to so many many copies???

Suddenly I got warned that my Outlook is outdated, is not able to be updated, error all over the place, fonts size jump to 200%, windows close by itself and many nightmare. The last straw found out the culprit cause of my computer has only 441 MB left due to most my pictures copied automatically to hundred. Yes, I said for example one folder contain 100 picture, I was shock by finding that I have another 99 the same folder. Why? I am so desperate now trying to deleting moreover this Windows 10 don't let see my icon but just thumbnails. Please help!

:)

SURYADEWI, Aug 28, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Duplicate pictures

Hi Arlene

Open Windows File Explorer

On the left, choose Pictures

Find some of those duplicates, have the file names been appended with (1), (2) . . etc?

If so, in your Pictures library folder at the top right search for this criteria:

name:~"*)*"

That should list all duplicate image files in that folder

Copy all those out into another folder that is not in your pictures library folder until you are sure all duplicates have been removed and the originals remain, then you can delete those duplicates files

DaveM121, Aug 28, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Why Windows 10 duplicates my pictures to so many many copies???

automatically adds duplicate printer copy

Hello,

I have encountered an issue on Windows 10.

I have an older printer which works fine on initial setup. Prints and is set to default Why Windows 10 duplicates my pictures  to so many many copies??? :D

• MY_BEST_Printer

The issue comes in when I unplug the USB cable and after some time plug, it back in it adds a new duplicate copy of the same printer.

• MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)

This new duplicated printer is not set to default, so obviously, it does not send print file to the same queue pool and it does not get printed.

And if I keep plugging and unplugging it keeps adding new duplicates.

• MY_BEST_Printer Default
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 1)
    • MY_BEST_Printer (Copy 2)

Is there a way to stop Windows 10 from adding the same printer as a duplicate if it sees that it is the same printer?

Mantas Zinkevicius, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Why Windows 10 duplicates my pictures to so many many copies???

1. Why Windows 10 duplicates my pictures to so many many copies??? - Similar Threads - Why duplicates pictures

2. Why are so many copies of Edge running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are so many copies of Edge running?: Clean boot. Open and closed Edge:What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-copies-of-edge-running/554a4736-ad02-468e-b194-da55e09fc6cd
  3. Why are so many copies of Edge running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are so many copies of Edge running?: Clean boot. Open and closed Edge:What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-copies-of-edge-running/554a4736-ad02-468e-b194-da55e09fc6cd
  4. Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why so many multiple processes in Windows 10?: Hi,I noticed in the task manager that several processes occure more than one time, and some processes occure multiple times, for example the Chrome, Microsoft Edge and some nVidia processes.Why does this happen and is there anything to do to reduce the number of...
  5. so many Visual C copies?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    so many Visual C copies?: How can we identify which Visual C files can be removed?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-visual-c-copies/3f8e4cdb-72f5-4e5d-8f93-e6e5e6c512a5
  6. pictures in so many places

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pictures in so many places: pictures i have the same pictures in one drive, pictures, icloud, etc........ how many do i need https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pictures-in-so-many-places/2bb7e074-9d3d-4125-8afd-019c7fd01946
  7. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...: So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question. Dozens of Searches Why are threads closed when the issue is clearly not fixed? I found a quick fix = press F5, but that means you need to do this every time you delete or edit a file...
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  10. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...