Windows 10: Why Windows 10 is going away and Linux integration is happening?

Discus and support Why Windows 10 is going away and Linux integration is happening? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I read in news that Windows 10 is embedded with Linux? Why they are doing this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yogesh.Jadhav_India, May 15, 2019.

1. Why Windows 10 is going away and Linux integration is happening?

I read in news that Windows 10 is embedded with Linux?

Why they are doing this?

:)

Yogesh.Jadhav_India, May 15, 2019
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, May 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 15, 2019
  4. Why Windows 10 is going away and Linux integration is happening?

Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Why Windows 10 is going away and Linux integration is happening?

1. Why Windows 10 is going away and Linux integration is happening? - Similar Threads - Why going away

2. What Windows 10 features are going away?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Windows 10 features are going away?: I am thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have spend years getting Windows 10 just the way I like it. If I upgrade to Windows 11 will I lose everything I've down to make Windows 10 look how I like it? Is there a brief, understandable list of what losses I...
  3. What Windows 10 features are going away?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What Windows 10 features are going away?: I am thinking of upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. I have spend years getting Windows 10 just the way I like it. If I upgrade to Windows 11 will I lose everything I've down to make Windows 10 look how I like it? Is there a brief, understandable list of what losses I...
  4. a suggestion for Linux integration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a suggestion for Linux integration: I was sitting using windows 11 the other day I do not like the interface, with Microsoft integrating elements of Linux , it would be cool to choose my own gui for me kde or lxde come to mind, it would add to the value of the software making it more customizable , particularly...
  5. a suggestion for Linux integration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a suggestion for Linux integration: I was sitting using windows 11 the other day I do not like the interface, with Microsoft integrating elements of Linux , it would be cool to choose my own gui for me kde or lxde come to mind, it would add to the value of the software making it more customizable , particularly...
  6. why is my internet going away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is my internet going away: router A is in the living room and the main internet wire is going into it. router B is in my bedroom and i connected a long network wire from A to B and the network wire is going to port number 4 in the router and the light of the port is on the internet is spoiling in my...
  7. Why did Briefcsae go away in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why did Briefcsae go away in Windows 10?: I use briefcase between multiple computers in my shop that are not connected to the internet. These are portable devices that need files synced with the NAS server when back in the shop. My first new laptop running Windows 10 and it is worthless to me. If Microsoft does not...
  8. Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10: Microsoft quietly announced that Disk Cleanup is now deprecated, news that was buried at the bottom of a blog post about Windows 10’s Storage Sense. Disk Cleanup isn’t going away immediately but is on its way out the door....
  9. Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10: Didn't see this posted anywhere yet. Just ran across it from HTG. Microsoft quietly announced that Disk Cleanup is now deprecated, news that was buried at the bottom of a blog post about Windows 10’s Storage Sense. Disk Cleanup isn’t going away immediately but is on its way...
  10. Microsoft Edge Browser on Linux and Mac? Not Going to Happen...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser on Linux and Mac? Not Going to Happen...: Microsoft Edge is the name of the new Windows 10 operating system's browser and it will be offered on both PCs and smartphones as a universal app, so many people are wondering whether Redmond has any plans to launch it on non-Windows platforms as well. On the sideline of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 is it going away